To the one's disappointed..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Ay_Zimmy, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Ay_Zimmy macrumors 6502

Not sure what the issue is.. Everyone is looking for that amazing revolutionary thing like the first one.. but that simply doesn't exist.. In the end of the day the iPhone is going to be a smartphone.

The design is thinner, nicer, the screen is bigger, the cameras are better, A6 chip, 4G, everything inside the phone is upgraded. We have that fresh iOS6 and all its new features.. The iPhone is exactly what you would expect as an upgrade for an amazing product. In my opinion its a gem.

2. Gix1k macrumors 68030

Gix1k

3. furam90 macrumors regular

I think most people are upset that the design is largely playing catchup. This would've been a great design maybe last year, but there are already phones out just as good if not better than this one, and within 2-3 months apple will fall behind the curve even more.

4. aztooh macrumors 6502a

Why exactly do you care about what someone else's opinion is? "The design is...nicer...". That's subjective, don't mix things like that in with facts. Also, iOS6 isn't exactly 'fresh'.

5. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

Can someone tell me what's so great about the Samsung Galaxy S3 that makes the new iPhone go ..poof?

6. NightHawkPW macrumors newbie

NightHawkPW

I'm bothered by the battery to be honest. LTE with A6 chip is going to kill that battery. The battery on 4 and 4S sucks as is but I'm worried about this one.

7. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

...and here comes the spin.

Gotta soften that blow somehow.

And people here call me crazy for suggesting Apple stock is going to be half next year at this time. lol

8. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

I'm not disappointed per se but I was definitely holding out hope for something new and revolutionary. Let me ask you an honest question...what makes this device (besides the fact that it's an iPhone running iOS) better than other high end devices like the Galaxy S3? Apple used to lead the way in innovation...now it seems they're playing catch-up way too often.

9. CSpackler macrumors regular

CSpackler

Apple doesn't generally innovate with internal tech. It's more about integration with ios and other apple devices.

10. Starfyre macrumors 68000

Starfyre

Maybe theres just nothing else that the iPhone 5 can makes it more functional?

11. Ay_Zimmy thread starter macrumors 6502

Catch up how? Catching up on a screen size? Is that it?

12. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

Seriously? lousy Apple we sucked it up for the 4S and we get this?

13. engelke2010 macrumors 6502a

For the people who are totally disappointed, what could Apple have done with the iPhone 5 for you to change your mind?

14. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

I can't tell if you're being serious. LTE? Processor? RAM? Screen size? Just to name a few of the bigger points mentioned today.

15. andyx3x macrumors 65816

Much better hardware design. This is just a longer iPhone 4S.

Camera is basically the same as well. Should have made a much better camera.

16. whoknows87 macrumors 6502a

whoknows87

iHope that happens like real soon, maybe that will get them to do something revolutionary....

17. Mr Hill macrumors 6502

I'm wondering this as well. People are always claiming that the gs3 and 2-3 other androids are so far ahead of iPhone in innovation and everything. I'm anxious to know what these "innovations" and features are that make it so much better.

And no a giant screen is not innovative.

18. isoft7 macrumors 6502a

Apple needs an enterprise solution similar to RIM. They also need iOS devices with hardware keyboards.

Give me that, and I would be most certainly impressed.

19. johndallas999 macrumors 6502a

johndallas999

You should change your name to "Status_Quo", I can't believe it looks essentially the same for the past 3 years now other than materials and height. BORING!

20. Ay_Zimmy thread starter macrumors 6502

Lol what are you talking about? Everything inside is upgraded in someway.. Everything

21. lazard macrumors 65816

catch up LTE
    catch up turn by turn directions
    catch up full screen web browsing
    catch up iCloud tabs
    catch up panorama

22. JoeMoomin macrumors newbie

NFC? Wireless Charging? Something that would actually move the device forward rather than just adding LTE and some incremental improvements that should happen regardless. I'm disappointed, not so much that I'm going to run off to another maker. But enough that I'll stick with my 4 for now and not hand my money over to Apple.

23. Prototypical macrumors 6502

Prototypical

Make me breakfast in bed, wash my car, send my pictures to the yet-to-be-built moonbase, and do it all for $99 off-contract. <revealdayhaters>

...Some people will never, ever be happy. Without something to gripe about they have no purpose in life. This is a fine product from Apple and likely a fantastic upgrade for people coming from the 4 (or new to Apple products). As a 4S owner with a year left, I'll probably wait for the 5S (5G? 5XXX?) as this isn't a dramatic improvement over what I have. But it's not a bad offering and is certainly competitive with what's out there.

24. koigirl macrumors 6502a

koigirl

This is all they could come up with in terms of new design in 2.4 years, seriously?:confused::confused: 4S offered more in upgrades IMO.

25. Ay_Zimmy thread starter macrumors 6502

NFC is pointless right now, Google Wallet is having a hard time with carriers.. Verizon blocked Google Wallet from devices on its network, Apple doesn't mess around in those type of waters.. Wireless charging.. lol that's why your upset? Your silly..