To the owners of both the iPhone 4S and 4

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kevintech, Jan 4, 2012.

1. kevintech macrumors 6502

Are any of you using the iPhone 4 jailbroken and have put aside the iPhone 4S until an A5 jailbreak is out? I'm just wondering if there are any others as crazy as I am.

2. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I Never

Jailbreak....Still have my 4, boxed and ready to go to a friend. Needs to be erased first I'm not knocking people who JB....Just never been tempted.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I'm about to.
    But since I heard the 4S jb is coming out soon I'm just going to wait another week.
    Stock sucks:)

4. kevintech thread starter macrumors 6502

5. nwmtnbiker macrumors 68000

nwmtnbiker

I've been contemplating switching to the 4 that gf has. But with my luck as soon as I do she'll drop it and the next day the jb will come out... So no just patiently waiting.

6. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Had I known it would take 3 months, I would have waited to buy a 4S! Now I know better ...

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol :D Me too.
    I love Siri and other things the 4S has but my JB stuff are worth more to me.

8. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

biggest regret was selling my VIP4 jb on 4.2.8. for a 4S stock. and i have siri turned off...useless gimmick.

9. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Amen.

F Siri. The camera and enhanced specs are nice, but I would NEVER buy it for Siri alone.

10. trajen macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4S: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Maybe it's just me but my iPhone 4 seemed more... Stable... Than this 4S. iOS is buggy and Siri hardly works like she should. Stupid bitch.

11. SayMilesAway macrumors regular

SayMilesAway

I don't agree. I have no problems with my 4S and Siri works 99% of the time. I had the occasional Siri issue when it first came out which was server related.

12. labman macrumors 604

labman

I just bought my 4S today and sold my I4. I already miss my jb.. I keep swiping for sbsettings... One of the reasons I got it I was exciter to see what the jb community could do with siri.

13. whiskeyvol macrumors regular

i will never buy another phone w/o the ability to jailbreak upon purchase. as others have already mentioned ITT - stock iphone sucks. it isn't horrible, but wayyyyy different than a jb device.

14. kevintech thread starter macrumors 6502

My iP4S is a lot more stable and snappy than my jailbroken iP4. The only reasons I went back to my iP4 were for lockinfo and MyWi/3G. Other than that, swiping my SMS notifications on the iP4S lockscreen was so fast that I didn't care for biteSMS or quick replying anymore.

Just imagining a stable untethered jailbreak on the iP4S makes me so excited. That phone is so lightning quick, I miss it already.

15. stevelam macrumors 65816

i had both for a while (iphone 4 jailbroken, 4s obviously not) and didn't have much issue switching to the 4s. i just like the snappiness and response of the 4s way more. my iphone 4 was feeling bogged down and slow.

16. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

nooooo...i would of bought it!

17. labman macrumors 604

labman

Sorry Man I almost put something up on MR last night! If I would have known! Damn it!

18. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

oh well, i just have a bad feeling about this A5 jb...won't be the same awesome stable one i had on my VIP4 4.2.8.

19. labman macrumors 604

labman

shhhh we already have enough problems since we are all dying 12-21-12! I do already like the snapper possessor. I really hoping the jb community can works wonders with siri.

20. Cap41 macrumors 6502

I've always jailbroken. but with some of the upgrades in recent iOS i really have no need to JB. only thing i miss is exchange unlock.

21. SayMilesAway macrumors regular

SayMilesAway

i need folder enhancer, sb settings, lock info, tetherme, activator. i will not jump on the next iPhone until a jailbreak is available either. or maybe i will but not open the box.

22. kevintech thread starter macrumors 6502

Lockinfo. Why waste all that screen real estate on the lockscreen??? I need my phone to show me something informative lol.

23. yui4 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I have. I have reboxed my 4s & got my 4 back out last week. My 4 is in mint condition & I've re jailbroken it. If there wasn't a glimmer of hope for an 4s jailbreak soon I probably would have sold it. I've really missed the jailbroken tweaks we took for granted on the 4

24. OceanView macrumors 65816

I still have and use my JB iP4 even though I bought the 4S at launch.
    I switch between the two from time to time but I really need a JB for my personal usage and preferences.

I will sell the ip4 when the A5 JB comes out. Hopefully soon.

25. macslayer118 macrumors 6502

I've never done this. I always start using the new device as soon as it arrives (on launch day!). I love my jailbreak but I can survive until one comes out.

I did some research and from the dates I saw from the iPhone 4 release and geohot's jailbreak, it took 4 months. Am I right with this info? If that's true, I sure don't remember now how much I must have "suffered" during this time!