To the people who are saying that iPhone 4's new features aren't worth upgrading for

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iLoveMyApple, Jun 13, 2010.

1. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

What kind of upgrade do you want? What would make the iPhone 4 worthy enough to upgrade, besides the whole different carrier thing. I'm just curious. List them please. :D

2. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

I think 32GB/$199 and 64GB/$299 would be a game changer for some. I'm still upgrading though.

3. iLoveMyApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

Yeah, that'd be nice, but I don't really need all that space anyway. I'm upgrading from a 3G so it's going to be a BIG difference.

4. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

It doesn't cook, clean or do my laundry:mad:
    I'm getting one but I'd like to have seen a bigger hdd

5. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Most of the people who trash the iPhone 4's features aren't upgrade eligible. It's jealousy rearing it's ugly head.
    The rest won't ever be pleased, no matter what Apple put out.

6. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

Yeah it will be! There is quite a difference in the 3GS and the 3G alone on the terms of performance.

7. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I'm getting one. upgrading from 16GB 3g.

space is a slight bit of an issue for me. I was kinda hoping to get a 32gb for $199. But now it is $299 and now I'm not sure if I really need it. I have never needed more than 16gb, but I am investing 2 years into my future. I could see wanting more than 16gb within the next 2 years, especially with the HD. Also, it would be kinda nice to be able to have a step up in memory from my 2 year old iphone.

But yeah I agree the iphone 4 is basically everything we have ever asked for. Maybe bigger screen (i'm content though). Once we find out how much RAM the thing has we might be able to complain about that.

8. iLoveMyApple thread starter macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

Exactly! I've been jealous of my sister's 3GS because of the speed difference and all around performance!

9. notblackmac macrumors regular

notblackmac

eh, price... I can't comfortably afford the early upgrade price for the iPhone 4. not that apple can do anything to help that, since as we know, they charge a premium for their products :cool:

Now I'm still going to get it, It's just going to burn quite a hole in my pocket :D

10. atmenterprises macrumors regular

I still use the original iPhone, although my wife has a 3GS. Two reasons I won't upgrade:

1) I'm not terribly sold on iOS4, particularly the lock screen. I could probably jailbreak and get more notification options, but I'm not a jailbreaking kind of person. I've been impressed with some of the Android-based notifications.

2) Not long after my wife got the 3GS, our cell service here has dropped off a cliff. What used to be four bars inside the house has now dropped to zero. Go outside, and it hovers between zero and two bars. I submit reports weekly through AT&T's Mark the Spot app but nothing has improved. Why commit myself to another two years (or pay the no-contract rate) when calls inside my house go straight to voicemail and never ring?

Short of paying the ETF on my wife's line and going with another company that can provide us cell coverage, I'll keep my original iPhone until her contract expires and reevaluate the cellular connection at that time.

11. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Neither of those has anything to deal with the iPhone 4 itself. In fact, you'd probably help your self with #2 by getting the iPhone 4 with its improved signal.

12. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

Yet, they keep purchasing their products. Amazing, huh?

13. elephunkman macrumors 65816

I said I wasn't going to buy earlier, but I have given in!

14. tasslehawf macrumors 6502

I'm upgrading from a 2G and this is the first phone I felt was a worthy upgrade.

15. .:R2theT macrumors 6502

I am going to hobble along for another year with my 8GB 1st gen.

I told myself I wasn't going to upgrade until the iPhone was available with a 64GB option. And other than poor battery life my phone works fine.

I have environmental concerns/guilt when I buy a new phone so that too is always part of my thinking. No reason I can't get another year out of this device.

16. menist macrumors regular

menist

64GB, better graphics chip, more colors to choose from, bigger screen, 4G, etc. Still getting one though.

17. eggmclovin macrumors member

eggmclovin

I agree with everything except the colors. Who would want a yellow or orange phone?

18. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

Yellow and orange? No.

I'd love a red iPhone.
    I'm sure ladies would love a pink.
    Navy blue, anyone?

19. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I do think it's a worthy upgrade... however...

16/32/64GB at 199/299/$369

For those of you suggesting features like awesome graphics, I'm sure there is plenty of things apple could throw in like this but I have to sacrifice certain things for the greater good. I would MUCH rather have a battery that get's me to the end of the day than "awesome graphics" on a 3.5 inch screen. Besides the new resolution is perfect IMO.

20. maus macrumors regular

Seriously? Pink is not as popular a colour for women as you seem to think. How many women even wear pink that often? I don't think I have a single pink outfit in my wardrobe.

/off-topic rant :)

21. Macdicted macrumors regular

I have a 32gig 3GS and still have plenty of space. I don't see the need for 64 on a phone. Now that I have an iPad I will downsize to a 16 , no need for movies on an phone now. IMO

That said the one thing I really wish they had added was a bigger screen. No reason they couldn't up size to like a 4in. , get rid of some of the unnecessary borders around the screen. Could of kept it the same size with less border.

Oh well , at least my 3GS is worth what I paid for it so I will put a $100 in my pocket along with a i4. :cool:

22. christyn macrumors 6502a

I'd rather have a teal :)

23. westla7 macrumors member

Using my 3G for dev purposes and on daily basis (but mostly Blackberry, as 3G is really slow for email); My wife is using 3GS. 3GS significantly faster, which is really nice, and like, doesn't bother me as much comparing to Blackberry.
    Wonder if iPhone 4 will be faster than 3GS?
    What really annoys me that when I see my email in the Inbox, see 5 lines of preview, then tap on this email, and see "Loading..." for couple seconds. That's really annoying, man. I want to reply fast, and if it gave me preview, why, oh why, it would annoy me with this "Loading..." thing?

24. timerollson macrumors 65816

I'm upgrading from a Blackberry Tour. This update is going to be magical! LOL.

25. atmenterprises macrumors regular

Sure they do. I don't jailbreak and I can't change the preinstalled OS, hence the iPhone 4 (and its accompanying iOS 4) don't work for me and aren't worth upgrading for in my situation.

As far as signal is concerned, it used to be great and nothing on my end changed. Therefore I have to assume that either the towers are overloaded in my area of the coverage has gotten sparse over a period of a few months.