To the people who really want their iPad 2 like now

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HarryKeogh, Mar 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HarryKeogh macrumors 6502a

Little story. Then when I'm done you can write "cool story, bro"

OK, I got mine a couple of days ago. What a rush! I opened it, set it up, did a few speed tests, checked out Infinity Blade with the better graphics, did FaceTime with my wife, took a video of our cat, played with PhotoBooth for 2 minutes and just like that...the high was gone.

It's great but it's not filling a big void like the iPad did. After you mess with it for 15 minutes or half an hour you're going to say to yourself "I was losing sleep over this?" or god forbid "I waited on line for 8 hours for this?!"

So relax. It's just another gadget that two years from now will be either sold on eBay or your little niece will be banging it around and you won't even care.

2. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

If you really want it now and are tired of waiting, just pay an extra couple hundred bucks and you can have it tomorrow.

Done

3. applefan289 macrumors 68000

4. G4R2 macrumors 6502a

I felt the same way, almost verbatim, about a girl I once dated.

5. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

You had to go through all that trouble just to figure that out?

6. foodle macrumors 6502

Unboxing video?

7. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

What did you expect? You knew when you ordered it that it was only a slightly modified form factor with spec bumps and cameras. If you're not happy it's your fault.

8. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

If you already had the iPad 1 like I do, you continue to use like it before. I have used my iPad 1 daily. Now, I use both of them. I watch shows on one and browse the net or quick check on the stocks, etc. New features would be used later. I have used the airplay which is awesome. I did the hdmi thing and watched the abc player on Grey Anatomy. I also watched Hulu on the big TV. Now, it is a waiting game for developers to make apps that takes advantage of the gyro, better graphics, better cpu, etc. There are a few now like the app that competes with photo booth. Games: infinity blade, dead space, novo 2, etc. I still listen to npr, read my new feeds, etc. It will be great for presentations with the hdmi thing. With the bigger screen, you can see more people doing the facetime. Learning to play musical instruments with garageband and editing movies, etc.

9. drjsway macrumors 6502a

If you loved the original iPad, there's no reason to get the new one.

Personally, I always felt iPad 1 was a bit too heavy, a bit too thick, a bit too slow, and the lack of cameras would force me to take my MacBook Air everywhere I traveled to Skype my wife. Web browsing on iPad 1 was slower than the desktop experience, just enough to annoy me, but iPad 2 is just as fast as my MBA. I was never fully satisfied with iPad 1 but iPad 2 is perfect.

Also, the original iPad case added too much bulk to the device and took too much effort to take on and off. I don't care about protection, but I needed the case to use as a stand.

10. JonnyBravo macrumors regular

Yeah, but if I don't buy the $829 iPad 2, how else am I going to justify my $4.99 Angry Birds purchase??? :rolleyes:

11. Adibobea9 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

The problem is that you thought it would be the second coming and it is just a portable computer. You don't need to be on it 24/7 to make use of it. Treat it like any other computer and use it when needed, and not as a toy to show off to your friends and you will find how useful it is. Oh and bro, that was a cool story...

12. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

The original iPad was revolutionary. No iPad will ever live up to the hype the original created.

13. baummer macrumors 6502a

All good and fine if you owned the iPad 1. If you didn't, then it's another story. And still your opinion.

14. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

A huge amount of posts have been deleted from this thread.

"Cool story, bro" or any variant is not a post, refrain from making posts solely for this statement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.