To the people with apple appointments are you able to pre order for instore purchase

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by nightghost, Apr 10, 2015.

1. nightghost macrumors newbie

To the people with apple appointments are you able to pre order for instore purchase?

2. jim2011 macrumors member

I want to know this too. I have an appointment at 12:30

3. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

I already have a watch ordered for 4/24 delivery but I would actually much rather physically go into a store for pickup. So at my appointment today I will ask if there is a reservation available and make it.

4. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

Not available in store for the foreseeable future.

If the online orders are anything to go by, it'll be after Summer.

5. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

Not necessarily true. Apple employees have said that there is some stock reserved just for launch day in stores

6. matt550 macrumors 6502

I'd like to know this as well. My appointment is at 5pm

7. DravenGSX macrumors 6502a

Not true. Apple has confirmed that there will be no stock for launch day walk ins.

8. jabingla2810 macrumors 68020

"Because supplies are limited, all Apple Watch orders must be placed online. Apple does not plan to accept walk-in orders of the Apple Watch in the early weeks after launch, so customers planning to purchase a watch should order as soon as possible. "

http://www.macrumors.com/2015/04/10/apple-watch-shipping-estimates-slipping/

9. Mr.C macrumors 601

At the moment even if you make a reservation for in store try out and then decide you want to order one the employees will direct you online to place an order. There are no in store or online preorders for in store pickup at this time. It may well change once supply gets less constrained.

Edit: It even now says on their online store that preorders are exclusively online.

http://store.apple.com/uk

http://store.apple.com/us

10. ninethirty macrumors 6502a

To me this is just such a strange customer experience. I go there, I try it on, and I find one I like, and this person can't place an order for me? I have to go do it online elsewhere? That's just not how people operate at the moment they've decided to buy something.

11. HiItsMe macrumors 6502

I think they walk you over to a Mac to preorder online immediately.

12. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I do not see it as that strange. There are going to be alot of people wanting to do the try out and by doing this you get out of their way while you order so the next person can do their tryout.

13. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

No doubt this is strange and won't be the case, after all the back orders are met.

But I have believed Apple should be doing this for a long, long time. Why should someone need to show up at an Apple store every morning, hoping that they get lucky, and find one in stock when there are so many people who already paid for theirs and waiting patiently?

It is about time it is first come, first serve and leaves much less to chance.

14. djuzi, Apr 10, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2015

djuzi macrumors member

Just came from my appointment in Houston. They're directing everyone to order online, so if you haven't ordered yet you're going to get those late shipment dates.

I didn't like my appointment at all. The genius wouldn't let me try on more than 2 watches. I wanted to try the sport band on even though I favorited the Milanese loop and he was like sorry and closed the drawer because he put the Link on me first which wasn't even my choice. I was so annoyed I left the store before even trying the demo unit, I'm not even sure if there was one?

Anyways, I still ordered last night at launch so I'm hoping for 24th delivery. Fingers crossed.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Wow, he cut you off at two even though you didn't get to pick the first try on? He must be a Bot following the script without thinking of how the rules were written to maintain customer satisfaction, not squash it. Was there a line or a lot of people or even one person queued up behind you for the next appointment?

16. djuzi macrumors member

He definitely looked pretty bored and talking from a script. There was one other person with an appointment and others that were in the process of making one, so definitely not busy. I'll probably go to one of the bigger stores later to try on the other bands.