To those of you who reserved at an Apple store...did you get a weird email from AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by paulisme, Jun 21, 2010.

1. paulisme macrumors 6502

Both my wife and I reserved new iPhones through the iPhone Apple Store, and we both just received this very strange email from AT&T within the last few minutes:

[​IMG]

This freaked me out a little, so I went to AT&T's site to see if there was anything weird on my account. There didn't seem to be any odd charges, but when I checked my upgrade eligibility, the web site said this:

"You can take advantage of our no commitment pricing at a participating retail sales location. You may qualify for a full discount on a standard iPhone upgrade on 11/17/2011"

I'm hoping that the email telling me to enjoy my new 3GS was a fluke, and that my upgrade eligibility changed because of my reservation at the Apple Store. I tried calling AT&T, but their customer service lines close at 10 PM EDT (I received the email at 10:07 PM, of course). Did anyone else receive a similar email?

2. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

if your wife is a 3gs i dont think she will have the upgrade. i think only the primary line gets it?

3. paulisme thread starter macrumors 6502

We both have the 3GS. I got the full discount ($299 for the 32GB), and she got the partial discount ($499 for the 32GB). Now it's saying neither of us are eligible for any discount.

4. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

did you order or instore pick up?

5. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

You're f*cked, dude

6. Jpnseawa macrumors newbie

Yep, both my wife and I just got the same email. We reordered through AT&T website though. Freaked us out a bit too, glad to see it isn't just us. Probably just an overloaded server glitch....

7. paulisme thread starter macrumors 6502

I reserved for in-store pickup at the Apple Store.

8. orangerock macrumors regular

Ordered through att.com and I just received the same email. Odd, but nothing surprises me with the ATT.

9. paulisme thread starter macrumors 6502

I just don't want to show up at the Apple Store on Thursday only to find out that due to some bug on AT&T's end I can't upgrade.

10. mac'inmama macrumors regular

I got that, too, but I ordered through AT&T and when I checked their site again, it says that my iPhone 4 has shipped.

11. specops macrumors regular

I'm pretty sure you have a problem... i was going to lol but this is serious business... I would call them and get it fixed asap so you don't have any problems come thursday.

12. kallemia macrumors member

kallemia

Lots of folks have been getting this message. And another telling us to easily transfer our contacts by removing the SIM from our current phones and putting them in the new phone... sigh....

I ordered from AT&T, BTW. I don't think this is a bad sign however. Just something screwed up in their notification system.

13. r3p00c macrumors newbie

I just got the same email as well. I thought it might have been because I just restored my 3GS as a new phone for selling it tomorrow, but I guess its unrelated since other people are getting the same email... *shrug*

Anyway, I'm not too worried about it. I already got my tracking number and I'm expecting my new iPhone on Thursday ;)

14. BlueRazor2 macrumors member

I reserved my iPhone 4 for pick up at the Apple Store and I did not receive this email but I did get the email that was sent out around 1:00 PM today reminding people to pick up there phones on Thursday.

15. nowheregirl macrumors newbie

I posted this in another thread. Although I -pre-ordered from AT&T, I was assured that this e-mail - though completely irrelevant - is a GOOD sign:

16. paulisme thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, we both got that email, too.

17. paulisme thread starter macrumors 6502

I had tried pre-ordering through AT&T as well, but when the order went through I got an email immediately saying my order was canceled either because there was an error or I was trying to order too many phones online (I was ordering 2). That's when I decided to reserve at the Apple Store.

By the way, are you a Beatles fan? My gamertag on Xbox Live is "Nowhere Man" :)

18. Martyrd0m macrumors regular

Martyrd0m

Got the same email. Sold my 3GS and have been using an old razor so they wanted to give me some tips on how to use it. How nice.

19. BlueRazor2 macrumors member

Now I'm wondering if I should be worried that I did not get this email from AT&T... :confused:

20. swissbrit macrumors member

I just got the same email but I preordered through an ATT Retail Store and I hadn't any confirmation email just the email about my iPhone CSS and a confirmation from an ATT rep. And I also checked on my order status and I have ordered in progress but not shipped :/

Will I get my phone on the 24th ?

21. nowheregirl macrumors newbie

Yes! It's also an homage to a street I used to live on. :)

Have you tried checking with AT&T here...just in case? That's where the rep directed me and it's the only place that acknowledges my order...

https://www.wireless.att.com/order_status

Either way, I hope you get your phones - good luck!

22. thercanbeonly1 macrumors newbie

I wouldn't worry

I got the same email except i have a 3g so it said, "We hope your enjoying your new iPhone 3g" its just because they completed your upgrade activation, my upgrade day changed last tuesday thats how i realized my order went through. Now since the iPhone 4 hasn't been "officially released" they can't post it on your account. I work at a national electronics retailer that sells At&t phones, so i was able to check my account, it shows my current imei but does state my line has been upgraded. I received shipping notification yesterday. Im assuming people who chose in-store pick up were processed the same. So i wouldn't worry.

23. paulisme thread starter macrumors 6502

Ah, the plot thickens...I just checked the link you provided, and apparently I have two iPhones, two SIM cards and one "freight" "in progress." It looks like one of my orders that I didn't think went through actually went through. I'll be calling AT&T in the morning to hopefully straighten this all out.

24. nohite macrumors member

Got the same email

I got the same email, around the time I was doing iOS4 upgrade. I had trouble with backups so I did a fresh install and got a message "our iPhone has been activated" on the phone.

I was pretty sure the fresh install triggered the email until I saw this thread. Did y'all get the email without any software install or syncing?

25. goobot macrumors 603

goobot

well i have no idea