To those that went from AT&t to verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Che Castro, May 25, 2012.

1. Che Castro macrumors 603

2. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

The only time it really comes into play is if you are on 3G. If you are somewhere with wifi, you have simultaneous voice and data.

3. einmusiker macrumors 68030

einmusiker

Why would i miss it? It works great on my thunderbolt over 3g and 4g

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

And the only time battery life comes into play is when you are not near an outlet...

I think it's fair to say wifi was not what the OP had in mind.

5. DollaTwentyFive macrumors 6502a

Ha ha. Good point!

I guess I have just read a lot of threads where there is some misunderstanding that if you are on a Verizon phone call, data won't work at all.

6. dsa1971 macrumors regular

No. I didn't use it that much on at&t anyway.

7. moldy lunchbox macrumors 6502a

moldy lunchbox

I'm on AT&T and I don't think I've used voice and data simultaneously. Seriously, my gf would have a fit if I started surfing the web while she was on the phone with me.

8. aristobrat macrumors G4

Don't know if this matters, but iMessages are data, which means when you're on the phone, you're not able to receive them. Nothing like ending a call and having 5 important iMessages finally come through.

To me, the biggest pisser about having gone from AT&T to Verizon is how slow Verizon's 3G is. Downloading apps/music take at least twice as long (at best), usually longer.

9. Gdwheel macrumors newbie

This is the reason I went back to AT&T -- Verizon's data speeds on 3G are pathetic. AT&T works better in my area all around, but I know that is not the case in many places.

10. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

Agreed.

The speed is pretty slow. Not ungodly slow but it's slow compared to AT&T 3.5G/4G iPhone's speeds. I switched before the 4S came out so I guess my switch was a little more justified but if you have a 4S and you want to switch, see how the new LTE iPhone will play out before you jump ship.

As for missing simultaneous data and voice, not really. I'm usually on Wifi since the campus is blanketed with it but I rarely ever use simultaneous d&v over 3G. I don't even download apps/music over 3G since I want to use as little of my data plan as possible to save for Pandora and Netflix.

11. Eric8199 macrumors 6502a

We had no At&t 3G where I lived so were stuck on edge. So I don't miss the simultaneous voice and data because I never had it. And Verizon's 3G is a lot faster than AT&T edge.