To those who bought or are thinking about buying a 3GS to be grandfathered in

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Iphoneness, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Iphoneness macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

As you all probably already know, as of Monday new customers to AT&T buying the iPhone must choose one of their new plans for data. I have seen tons of people on the forum say they are buying the 3gs and then returning when the new iPhone comes out so they can have unlimited data.

I am a senior in high school and I buy and sell phones, mostly iPhones, and make money off them on craigslist. I'm currently on my 22nd iPhone. Instead of going out to buy a new phone to be able to add the data plan to your account, all you have to do is call up AT&T customer support(611) and tell them you bought an iPhone from a buddy and you want to add the unlimited plan to your account. When they ask for the imei number, say you haven't gotten it from him yet but you can call back in a couple days with it. So they will add the plan to your account and you just keep using the phone you've been using. I've done this tons of times so I know it works from personal experience. Good luck!

PS. I'm super excited for the new iPhone and absolutely cannot wait til it comes out.

2. saccento macrumors 6502a

saccento

I'm sure they won't fall for that trick anymore.

3. elephunkman macrumors 65816

How hard is it just to get the imei off someone you know? This is what I did and it's worked as of now. Borrow friend's iPhone, put your sim, call AT&T and have them add the data plan because their system shows the iPhone you are using, say thank you, hang up, put sim in your dumbphone until iPhone comes out. Been working for me since.

4. Iphoneness thread starter macrumors 6502

Iphoneness

Yep, it's as easy as that!

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Bam, thats it:)