To those who did a Verizon ESN swap...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DVNIEL, Sep 25, 2012.

1. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

I refuse to lose my unlimited data so opening up a new line and canceling it is just as bad as paying retail.

So I picked one up and am ready to do that swap. Did you do your swap through My Verizon online or did you call CS?

Either way, did it result in you keeping your unlimited data or a fail: still lost your data and had to raise a stink?

In no rush to do it. Feedback is greatly appreciated.

2. imazu macrumors regular

i bought a no contract Verizon at Apple Store and did the Activation online. you have to select Activate or Switch Device. and select your #. then just follow the on screen instruction.

this is assuming you bought your iPhone in full retail price, not sibsidized.

3. DVNIEL thread starter macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

Subsidized. None of the reservation systems were allowing me to reserve a no contract phone so I figure $360 now, then $350 to terminate, it'll be the same price.

4. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

Verizon activates using the SIM card for 4G phones, so just ask them for a new card that is on the right line you want, and pop that sucker in the phone. Remove the data plan from the line you stole the upgrade from. Done.

5. PacificBeach macrumors regular

Their is no ESN on the vzw iphone5. Sim Card only

6. imazu macrumors regular

Somebody else might be able to help you.
    btw, did you add a line or a new line?

7. PacificBeach macrumors regular

When you Remove the data plan from the line you stole the upgrade from, will that line remain under a new 2 year contract? or can i cancel it?

8. meotai macrumors newbie

there's IMEI.

Villa: just make sure you pick $29.99 Unlimited on the screen.

9. DVNIEL thread starter macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

Added a line. Been solo on Verizon for 4 years. Haven't looked back since.

10. bwhitta macrumors regular

I stole an upgrade from another line. I had trouble activating the phone on my line, but I finally got it to work by using the Verizon activation site. For some reason, the upgrade line and my line have retained unlimited data. I thought that the upgrade line was going to change, but it didn't. Obviously a mistake, but I'm not going to complain.

11. DVNIEL thread starter macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

Thanks for all the feedback guys. Will do the switch via My Verizon tonight during my downtime.

12. PacificBeach macrumors regular

When you Remove the data plan from the line you stole the upgrade from, will that line remain under a new 2 year contract? or can i cancel it?

13. sangreal06 macrumors member

I'm on a Business account and our MyVerizon (or MyBusiness) doesn't work, even on the primary account. So I added a new line on my own personal account to transfer to my unlimited "business" line. Since MyVZW doesn't work, I had to call in and they weren't able to switch the iphone without it being activated and deactivated on the new line (tried activating a different phone instead but that didn't work). Anyways, after doing that and waiting the 24 hours for the SIM to reset I called back and they were able to activate the iphone on the line I wanted. Other than the 24 hour wait, all is good and I still have unlimited data

14. Po1soNNN macrumors newbie

Where do you go to activate it online?

Also couldn't you just cut your old sim card down to nano and tell them you switched?

15. Skyfox16 macrumors newbie

I am in the process of doing the swap, just waiting to pick up the iphone5.

If you dont have a nano sim card, does the phone come with one or do you have to get one from verizon?

16. Cozmo85 macrumors regular

Login to my verizon and do switch device. put in the sim code number and the IMEI off the settings screen.