To those who have had their MBP repaired due to nVidia chip...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by PMac18, Aug 24, 2008.

1. PMac18 macrumors newbie

Recently, the same issue happened to mine and I'm about to send it out for the logic board replacement. However, I am not really secure about this at all seeing as I've read some that have been repaired were only on the path to fail once again. If you have had your MacBook Pro repaired with a logic board replacement and it has been working fine, please post here! If it hasn't you can also post. I just want to see how many of them actually are working okay after a repair. If I can get another year out of mine I'll be fine, I'll end up buying a new one when I transfer colleges anyways. Thanks.

2. rpp3po macrumors regular

3. megageorge macrumors member

I bought a MBP in March which had graphical problems. I got the logic board replaced and still had problems. They replaced it again and the store said it was still giving them problems so they decided to give me a new one which also has problems.

4. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

Wow the paranoia is incredible. Mine works fine. Time of death, 7-3-08.

5. Edge100 macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5C1 Safari/525.20)

Got my MBP last week, and no problems so far. Great machine so far!

6. rev316 macrumors regular

7. jakeguy99 macrumors regular

jakeguy99

had mine repaired last week and so far no problems..except a 300 dollar service bill