To those who own a MacBook Air and a MacBook Pro, 2 questions,

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by entatlrg, Jun 1, 2009.

1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Which notebook do you find yourself using the most?

Do you find the screen the MacBook Pro is better than on the Air?

2. uberamd macrumors 68030

uberamd

I like the screens equally (1440x900 on the MBP, 1280x800 on the Air, both good quality). I use the Pro more because I have 4GB RAM, 2.4GHz vs the 1.6GHz in the Air, and 500GB HD vs 80GB in the air. But when I need to go somewhere quick (classes, friends house, etc), its always the Air going with. Its just so light.

3. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

I had both, and I never let go of the MBA rev B except to run Windows on my MBP (one day per month). Once you use a MacBook Air with SSD, you will never go back.

However, when I owned my original MBA, I never let the MBP down for the MBA. It had a HDD, and it was not fun. It was more than just the HDD that was the problem with the original MBA though.

I would say get a MacBook Air dollar per dollar unless you need the dedicated graphics or something. The MBA is just plain fun as long as it's the high end model with SSD.

The display on both of my MBAs were extremely high quality just as the MBP (except have lower resolution than the MBP).

4. ant043 macrumors regular

i use my macbook pro due to the multiple grey lines running across my macbook air.

5. Scottsdale macrumors 601

Scottsdale

that sucks! Have you tried exchanging it?

I really would recommend anyone buying an MBA to wait for at least a few weeks past WWDC to ensure if there's an update, one either gets the new model or the rev B discounted. And hopefully the lines are gone in the rev C MBA.

6. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

Realy my iMac G3 but when I want a laptop I go for the Air I use the pro to game edit video/photos etc.