To those who say the next iPhone will fail etc, etc.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Risco, Sep 3, 2012.

1. Risco macrumors 68000

Risco

A couple of pictures should say a thousand words. Anyway, my point is people are going on about how ugly it is going to be, or that it won't sell and so and so forth......

iPhone 1 Queue

[​IMG]

iPhone 3G queue

[​IMG]

iPhone 4 queue

[​IMG]

iPhone 4s queue

[​IMG]

2. cynics macrumors G3

I couldn't imagine wanting any material possession that much to deal with a queue like that. Pre order it and get it a day earlier then those morons duh! Lol

3. kannesss macrumors 6502a

The iPhone 5 is not going to fail. You should slap whoever said that. They haven't noticed the trend in technology since the iPhone was released apparently.
    Everything has a touch screen and apps.
    Nothing did it as big before.

4. Risco thread starter macrumors 68000

Risco

I did it for the first time when the 4s came out. It was quite an amazing feeling, don't knock it til you try it! :apple:

5. vikingjunior macrumors 65816

vikingjunior

Well when you only put out one phone a year there is bound to be a queue.

6. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Grabbing random images of random stores in random countries is oh so convincing. How long did it take you to think up this brainstorm? You should try harder at not being such an Apple suck-up and you won't come off as so pathetic.

7. Risco thread starter macrumors 68000

Risco

No need for personal insults. :rolleyes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:IPhone_sales_per_quarter_simple.svg

Attached Files:

8. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

9. moobatticus, Sep 3, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2012

moobatticus macrumors member

moobatticus

Quality over quantity. There are some fairly decent non Apple phones, but also a slew of abject crapulent rubbish.

So, obviously there are a ton of sub iPhone Android powered devices that do a complete disservice to Android as a mobile OS and due to various manufacturers' take on Android, you end up in a law suit...

I'd like to see Android rise to the challenge of iOS, Windows mobile 8 and keep everyone on their toes and provide real alternatives to each other.

And let the hardware manufacturers focus on a small line of deftly crafted products and not copyist rubbish.

10. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Now I've only seen the hype on Tv over here in the Uk ,but it looks like a whole experience waiting outside in a q bonding with other buyers and Apple staff !

It's not for me but hey.

11. dkersten macrumors 6502a

Let me start off by saying I am an Apple fan, and a general tech enthusiast.

Its not that Apple is having success that gets me frustrated, its the fact that Apple gives us incremental releases (once a year) and people buy it in record numbers for some reason. I could understand if this update was a 3GS to 4 type of upgrade, but that does not seem to be the case (I hope I am proven wrong)

12. SR71 macrumors 68000

Looks like a fun experience! A bunch of people just like you who love Apple and want the next iPhone as bad as you do... Some great discussions must go on in those queues.

13. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

I guess we'll just put up sales figures then? Either way, people are in denial thinking Apple will fail.

Not a fanboy, just able to look at the facts objectively. I said the first iPhone would fail, I'm no longer delusional like a lot of others seem to be.

14. lazard macrumors 65816

15. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

So what should they do, release in smaller incremental releases more often or release less often with larger jumps in technology?

For me, LTE is a big jump and worth it. Besides, I'll cover the cost + more by selling my 4s. So why wouldn't I upgrade?

----------

As if those sales don't count? Leaving out those models, the 4s has still sold far more than any single model by any other manufacturer.

16. chambone macrumors 6502a

chambone

Oh, I wasn't talking about you. I'm talking about the handful of trolls on here that manage not to be condescending in about one out of every ten 'contributions'. Anyhow, I think that nothing sensible can be said about the next iphone because the only thing that's fairly certain is the screen size. We don't know anything otherwise. Yeah, looks. Maybe.

It also strikes me as odd that you perceive the 3GS > 4 update to be significant. The way I see it, that's the least significant upgrade in iphone history. A radical change aesthethically, but besides the screen not much difference in hardware.

17. brock2621 macrumors 6502a

brock2621

Really? .......

18. dkersten macrumors 6502a

Well they could start off by not releasing an iPhone 4 with Siri (in beta might I remind you) after a year and a few months...

19. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

You keep saying what they shouldn't do. What would you have released if you were SJ?

Let me remind you there was far more than Siri added to the 4s.

20. STiNG Operation macrumors 6502a

STiNG Operation

21. irDigital0l Guest

I really hope then you wont say that the upgrade from 4 to 4S was huge...

3GS to 4 was huge...

-All new design
    -Thinner
    -Retina display
    -Gyroscope
    -5MP camera + LED flash
    -Front facing camera
    -FaceTime over Wi-Fi
    -720p hd video recording
    -double RAM to 512MB
    -increased CPU to 800 MHz A4 chip
    -802.11 n Wi-Fi
    -Verizon and Sprint options
    -7 hours of battery life

22. dkersten macrumors 6502a

Honestly, I had never thought of it that way. I guess I just really like the better screen and prefer the form factor of the 4 over the 3GS. What I would really like Apple to do is release a bigger screen phone with the same aspect ratio and in the same form factor (with it being a little taller and wider). Throw in LTE and the same or improved battery life and I think it would be a good update.

If I was Apple, I would have waited a few months to release the iPhone that is about to be released instead of the 4S. I've seen very little to no improvement in day to day functionality from the improved specs (other than the camera) between the 4S and 4. Siri could have very well just have been a software update to the 4 but Apple knew they needed some "killer" new feature for people to justify buying the 4S over the 4. Once again Apple marketing at its best.

23. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

Great list, I fixed it though.

Using a phone without retina just doesn't cut it at this point.

24. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Sure, some releases are bigger than others. It's all in the ebb and flow of technology updates. But should Apple just not release a device if there are no significant technology increases ready? And why get so angry when they do and the improvement isn't a huge jump? You don't have to buy. Nobody is forcing anything on you.

25. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

The iPhone 4SS would be a success at this point, but it would be like strike two.