To upgrade from my Ipad 2, or not upgrade? That is the question..

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jacoblee23, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Jacoblee23 macrumors 6502a

I love my Ipad 2. I only use my laptop for homework at this point. I have the White 16gb Wifi version. I also have an Iphone 4s. I was wondering if you think it would be worth it to upgrade, and if so should I get a Wifi only version or the 4g version?

Not many places in my area have 4g yet, and I use my Iphone for whatever I need on the go, because it is easier to carry around and just pull out of my pocket obviously.

So my question(s) are, do you think that the upgrade is worth it, around how much could I get for my Ipad 2 if I sold it, and is it worth it for me to get the 4g version, since I am usually around a place with Wifi, or I usually have my Iphone on me. Thanks in advance.

2. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

If you can afford it, then definitely upgrade! The retina display on the new iPad will be luscious!

3. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well whether or not I can afford it, will probably depend on how much I can get for my Ipad 2. I am thinking about selling my 4g Ipod touch, considering now that I have an Iphone, I don't have as great of a need for it anymore.

4. 100Teraflops macrumors 6502a

100Teraflops

Well, sell your iPod and iPad and then figure out what you can afford. It does not sound like you have a line of credit, kudos to you bro! :) If you are not going to use 4G LTE, then why buy it? I agree with Chris that the screen will be a sight for sore eyes, pun intended.

5. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

6. monkeylui macrumors 6502

I rarely use my laptop also & my laptop is my primary computing device. I think the iPad "3" will be worth the upgrade. Giving my wife the iPad 2 & the kids will get her iPad 1.

I got wifi only because I am always home, I work from home. So I don't need 4g. If I am out & need data my iPhone is sufficient. Now if I traveled more or traveled for work more I probably wouldn't hesitate on the 4g.

Regarding storage. I think bigger is better. Apps are getting bigger, & with the new display they will be bigger as well. Also for additional space (other than the cloud) I like the Kingston widrive, there is also the Seagate goflex.

7. Yumunum macrumors 65816

Yumunum

Wifi iPad?

Here's my suggestion... if you can afford it, buy one of the new 3G/4G iPads. Don't mess with the Wifi ones anymore. You want true portability and functionality, that's hat tablets are made for.

8. Jacoblee23 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Do you all think I can get around 350-400 for a 16GB Ipad 2 with a leather and polyurethane smart cover? I also have another case as well with the apple logo on it.

9. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Most I see are still going for $400+. There are a couple I see on CL for $350 but they seem to sell pretty quick. This might change but right now it seems they're doing ok at that price point.