To upgrade to 4.3.3 or stay at 4.2.1?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Kadin, May 6, 2011.

1. Kadin macrumors 6502a

Kadin

I've got a jailbroken 3GS with BB 06.15.00. What would you say would be the obvious reasons to bump up to 4.3.3? My phone doesn't need to be unlocked and everything is running perfect. I'm kind of thinking I shouldn't mess with it as I don't knowingly *need* the update but maybe there's something I'm not aware of.

Anyone else just sticking with 4.2.1 or earlier as it's not a necessity to update? I know I'd have to use Pwnage Tool to build an .ipsw that would skip updating the BB and that just seems like something I could potentially screw up so...

2. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

the itunes home sharing feature on 4.3.x is nice.

3. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

After all the battery headaches I've been hearing about since after 4.2.1, my phone will stay right there til the 5 drops

4. bello2185 macrumors newbie

I went from 4.2.1 to 4.3.1 some time ago, but went back to 4.2.1.
    The battery life was absolutely horrible (iPhone 4 16GB), even with Ping off and Email on manual.
    And most of my themes didn't work properly on 4.3.1. So I decided to downgrade...

5. MaxBurn macrumors 65816

MaxBurn

4.2.1 does seem to be a sweet spot where everything works great now. For unlockers with old basebands i think they have finally fixed all the problems with newer versions but i wasn't going to try it on my 3gs, not worth the headache.

6. Kadin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Thanks!

Thanks guys. You've confirmed what I was thinking, it's just not worth the hassle. No need for any home sharing type ability so I'll stay right where I'm at. *thumbs up*

7. ZmyDust macrumors regular

ZmyDust

Ive got a cmda running 4.2.6 and similar to folks running 4.2.1.. My jailbreak is just too stable to bother messing with. I'm not messing with it or upgrading until I see a feature that makes it worth while.

Of course there no 4.3.x for me so no home sharing or multi touch gestures available.

8. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

I'm bumping my 3GS from 4.3.2 to 4.3.3 as I type. Safari browsing also is very snappy on the newer FW's.

9. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

You don't need unlock but you are on iPad BB? weird.

10. jimmy83 macrumors 65816

Still on 4.1. Feel I need to upgrade as some of the appstore apps require you to have 4.2 now. Plus iam having a few minor issues.

11. PaulyD macrumors 6502

Exactly what I thought.

12. Kadin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Kadin

Yeah I originally did this firmware to Unlock and sell the phone but realized after I did it that I didn't want to. The phone works perfect for me and while I originally was going to dump it for the 4 but I'd decided to wait it out for a later revision.

I wish I hadn't rushed to the conclusion to go to 6.15.00 as it's quite a ***** to deal with via upgrades, etc. Luckily reversing the unlock fixed my GPS issues...