To Verizon iPhone owners, are you getting the 4S, and if so, where?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by LincolnsiPod, Oct 4, 2011.

1. LincolnsiPod macrumors 6502

Wondering if you're planning to get it via the Verizon store or via Apple. I assume it would be easier for me to just pick the upgrade option in my Verizon account for the smoothest purchase, but I could be wrong. :D

2. Uln4321 macrumors regular

Thats what I'm doing! Seems like it will be the smoothest! And when the iPhone 4 came out they shipped it sooner than if you had ordered from the apple store. Pbobably won't happen again but you never know :cool:

3. wurt macrumors member

Thinking about just doing it through apple... Vzw doesn't even have any info on the iphone4s yet on their site but that will most likely come up tomorrow.

Still haven't decided to be honest.

4. irDigital0l Guest

5. LincolnsiPod thread starter macrumors 6502

wurt, that was my experience too, got the Phone I think 2 days before the official release date.

It's going to be interesting to see what the upgrade price will be, also leery of going to Apple instead because Im grandfathered into the unlimited data plan and don't want an upgrade purchase outside of Verizon screwing that up. :eek:

6. MRiOS macrumors regular

I'm leery about that too, though if they do take it off, I'll just tell them to forget the sale and get my phone elsewhere.

That being said I'll be trying to get mine via Best Buy, the Black Tie Protection seems to be the best deal. (drop it get new one for free, buy black tie for new one. repeat. They've already replaced a few of my electronics with newer ones because of that program and the new ones are also covered in case.)

7. Stein357 macrumors 6502

I'm just buying it through Apple's online store.

8. phillyphill macrumors 6502

phillyphill

from my warm bed. cant remember the last time i went to a store and actually bought a phone. i always order online and get free next day shipping. but i'll be ordering to 2 white ones. not sure what i want to do with my bionic since i just got that like 3 weeks ago.

9. murdoc158 macrumors regular

Has anyone had any issues getting a new phone shipped to an address OTHER than their billing address? I'd rather have it shipped to my work so someone can sign for it, not get left at the door, etc. I'm thinking ordering from Verizon would give me less hassle.

10. Kyle Appleseed macrumors member

If I pay the full price - $849 for me cause I got it in June - can't I just sell the iPhone 4 I have now and make some of that money back?

Will Verizon let me do this?

I'm always so confused when it comes to this :confused:

11. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

I dont know what Apple online does, But if you order it online at Verizon, They Overnight ship it to you. I'll probably be going with that.

(I wonder if they Overnight it the day before release, so you get it on release day?)

12. Uln4321 macrumors regular

Yep if you buy your iPhone 4s at $849 you can then sell your iPhone 4! Thats what I did but I had another phone to use in the meantime so I sold it a few weeks ago!

13. Kyle Appleseed macrumors member

Nice! Thanks for the info!

14. lilo777 macrumors 603

Just be aware that unlike LTE-capable phones, iPhone on Verizon will not be able to combine voice and data. And, obviously, data speeds will be as slow as they are now.

15. Amnak macrumors 6502

Ok now i have a different question , can i sell my Verizon iPhone 4 that i got on contract and purchase a 4s with my other phone lines upgrades and be ok?

16. Green2Delta macrumors member

I'll be going to the Apple store early on the 14th. This will be my first iPhone, so I'm kinda hoping to do the whole launch day thing.

17. Uln4321 macrumors regular

Yep you can sell the iPhone 4 that you got on contract! and if you log into you myverizon account and click on "get upgrade status on all devices on my account. There should be something that says "Transfer upgrade to another line" or something like that.

18. Amnak macrumors 6502

Sweet I think this might even work out better, my line says eligible for upgrade because the one i used to get the phone wasn't mine to begin with, i'll even make a small profit! :D

19. shikari89 macrumors member

shikari89

Im contemplating getting one. If i do it will be from verizon as i will be stealing my grandmas upgrade :)

20. d.shorty1 macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_8 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E401 Safari/6533.18.5)

is any verizon iphone 4 buyers upgrade eligible? not sure how they work but i guess its 18 months with a credit?!?

bought mine on 2/11/11 and not eligible until 10/11/12...and i have a $50 credit.

anyway, i just dont see it necessary to go thru the trouble of selling the i4, and spending another $300-500 just to have an A5 and Siri. Its just not THAT much better than the i4, IMO

21. LincolnsiPod thread starter macrumors 6502

Normally I'd agree, but there's three reasons why Im upgrading: The GPS on the Verizon iPhone is a pile of ass, and I won't have to put up with the fragmentation of iOS updates (such as STILL being stuck at iOS 4.2 while everyone else is on 4.3) Well, Im assuming that crap will stop now that we'll have the same phone on all carriers, but who knows.

The camera upgrade is a biggie too, I'm an iPhoneographer and proud of it. :D

22. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

Why don't you ETF the ip 4 (which is $350 - $10 every month of your past contract(so if 12 month then subtract $120), so say your true ETF is $230

Go back to verizon and then sign new contract and get ip 4s for $200..

23. bassett700 macrumors member

bassett700

Not a good option if you're current contract has unlimited data. Cancel it and pay ETF results in signing new contract with tiered data.

24. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

Gotcha.. I see...

25. JasonR macrumors 6502a

JasonR

What!? My Verizon iPhone GPS works perfectly. And I'm on iOS 5...runs perfectly. Fragmentation, really? lol