Toast 10 TItanium and DivX 6.0/avi file burn Problem: no Audio, what gives?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by Jelsert, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Jelsert macrumors newbie

Hey Guys,

I'm hoping you guys might be able to help me out with this problem that I've been having lately.

I'm trying to burn a movie onto DVD using Toast Titanium 10 but every time that I do it, I get a disc that has no audio on it. When I drag/drop the files (2) into Toast it displays the following information:

Video: DivX 6.0, 720 x 544, 25 fps
    Audio: Dolby Digital, Stereo, 48000 Hz

When I burn the disc Toast asks me if I want to change the video format from PAL to NTSC. I have now burnt two discs, one in each format but they both do not have audio.

Is there something that I need to do to these files before dropping them into Toast? I was under the impression that Toast would convert the video for me so that they would be playable on a set-top DVD player.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

2. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

Are the audio and video in separate source files? From what I understand, Toast 10 won't merge the two together properly unless the audio and video source files are the exact same duration and have the same file name.

When you drag the video portion over, it'll usually warn you about this and then you can select the source audio file (which should be named the same, except for the file extension, of course). After that, it should work.

3. Jelsert thread starter macrumors newbie

Now that is the strange thing, there are no separate audio and video file. The .avi file play perfectly fine when I view it in VLC, audio and all. But when drag/drop these .avi files into Toast and burn the disc, I get a video without any audio?.

The only warning that I [Ii]do[/I] get from Toast is about the video format. When I burn the disc it warns me that the format of the video is PAL and it asks me if I want to convert it to NTSC. I have tried both formats so far and have received the same result each time.

I'm really stumped on this one.