Today asked apple store, they cant tell if unlocked 5s available at launch!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by tomhwcheung, Sep 14, 2013.

1. tomhwcheung macrumors newbie

Today went to apple store, they cant tell if unlocked 5s available at launch!

Asked two staff, both said unclear if it will be available at launch. Only if you line up to find out. It SUCKS... :(:(:(:(:(

Went to a store in north california.

2. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

So wait awhile. Maybe the build quality will be better later too.

3. user-name-here macrumors 65816

The last few years I believe its been a two-month wait until the unlocked version was available.

4. brand macrumors 601

brand

5. Spacial macrumors 6502

Apple reps are specifically forbidden to share any info they have until release day. It's a common sense position, seeing as they are still selling the current models.

6. BruiserB macrumors 65816

I'd say that since the pricing and option is already shown on Apple's online store, it will be available from day 1. In fact, unlocked and contract free is the only option for a Tmobile phone directly from Apple. So there's nothing to indicate a delay in availability.

7. the8thark macrumors 68040

the8thark

From what I have seen in Australia, the USA and other countries I would think the 5s is available unlocked on release day. Apple probably has told told their retail staff say nothing about them apart from the sale date. Apple retail usually never talk about unreleased products. And the 5s is still technically not released for sale yet.