Today I have got my unibody MBP and I am in love with it!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by maxap, Nov 21, 2008.

1. maxap macrumors 6502

maxap

Hey guys!

Today I have finally received my unibody MacBook Pro and I love it! Every single cm of it!

After a very quick delivery (I ordered my laptop 36 hours ago) I got this beautiful beast: 2,53 Ghz, 512MB Nvidia Videocard etc.

This machine is amazing! It is soo fast, so well-made and so beautiful that I don't know how I could live without it.
    I have not a single problem with it(knocking on the wood): no lose battery cover, no weird keys, no sleep issues, no bad fan noise.
    Regarding that fan noise (I was worried about it the most) I should say that you cannot hear the laptop running if there are some ambient noises in the room. If the room is dead silent (as mine), you can hear the fans blowing air very gently and very quietly. From the distance of 1/2 - 1 m you cannot hear a thing. So, the MBP's are not SILENT, but amazingly QUIET!
    A couple of months ago I had ordered an iMac and had to send it back because of the noise its fans made and the vibrations it produced standing on my desk (they were perfeclty normal, because those iMacs are huge things with powerful components).
    I am so glad I waited till the release of the new unibody beauty and bought it.

Guys, these MBP's are so great. I am not an Apple fan, this is my first mac and my first mac experience (besides the iMac which I had for one day).
    Mac OS is also so good.... Much better than any Windows system I have been using during the last years.

Guys, I am in love. :) Now, finally I have the machine I can peacefully work on and take with me to the uni!

And the speakers of it are so good and powerful that I think I am not going to buy extra speakers anymore - the sound quality is even better than that of my old PC with Logitech speakers (not a laptop). There is a clear lack of strong bass, but the noises are so clear and so nice to be heard that I cannot believe how Apple manage to put such high quality speakers in this little aluminuim beauty!!!!

That's it. Just my 5 cents after many months of living in doubt and uncertainty about Mac's and especially the new unibody MacBook Pro... :D

2. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

Congratulations! Wow, such fast delivery too!

I got mine a week ago and share the same sentiments.

I'm ripping a DVD at the moment for the first time with this new baby. On my last gen MBP, ripping a DVD would cause the fans to blow full blast (quite loud). On my new Unibody machine, the fans only rev up a little to 2300 rpms: very quiet for a machine ripping a DVD. I can talk with someone (via Skype) using the internal mic and they don't hear a thing while I'm ripping a DVD. Very impressive!

3. jgo78 macrumors 6502

4. kemo macrumors 6502a

kemo

Funny, but I was thinking about buying new unibody MBP or the classic mbp.
    Dunno why, but I've choosed the older one, not because of the price,but the glossy display discourage me enought, also all connectors on the left size have another point, and in the end - DESIGN. It may looks crazy, but I love oldskul design, and that classic mbp 15" realize enought!
    I will never take advantage of performance, which have new mbp's and mb's, because of programming and reading discussions..dont playing games.. dont working with photos...
    Just need to type something and that manage my mbp well enough :))

Just reply of another thought...:)

PS: I Love Apple, not so much as my GF, but I do! O:)

5. joegomolski macrumors 6502

joegomolski

Hey Guy!

You took the words outa my mouth.

I feel the same about my unibody MBP.

No complaining here!

6. kabunaru Guest

Congratulations. :)
    Thanks for sharing your wonderful experience.

7. aricher macrumors 68020

aricher

Gives a whole new meaning to "floppy disk!" :D

Enjoy your new MBP, I got the 2.8 a few weeks ago and love it, absolute perfection.

8. Next Tuesday macrumors 6502a

Next Tuesday

9. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

Don't let your wife catch you two together, you may have to get a iVorce.

10. maxap thread starter macrumors 6502

maxap

Ahahaha... Don't worry...she won't :D
    I just wanted to share my experience with you guys!!!! Thanks for all your replies!

11. kabunaru Guest

12. maxap thread starter macrumors 6502

maxap

No... because there is no Mac version of Crysis and I can't stand Vista/Xp anymore... :)

13. kabunaru Guest

Then try Call of Duty 4.

Keep us posted. I like how you in a detailed way explained everything. :)

14. THX1139 macrumors 68000

THX1139

This thread is classic mac fanboy. I thought for a second I was reading letters to Penthouse. :rolleyes:

15. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Good for you! It's even got the glass display for easy cleanup.;) I love mine too but in a purely platonic sense of the word.:p

16. Buzz Law macrumors newbie

I got mine the other day. I was in a major dilemma deciding whether to get the unibody or the pre-gen. I was leaning towards the older one simply for the matte screen and the $450 it would save me. To tell you the truth, the only reason I ended up with the unibody is because, everywhere else was sold out of the last gen and only display models were left.

After the purchase, and setting it up in the comfort of my own room. I fell in love with it. The speed, the sleekness, the power. The bragging rights. I'm in love, its an amazingly crafted machine and despite scorning the glass screen in the past, I had a major change of heart after owning it. I'm still amazed everytime the screen lights up when it detects harsh light.

Great purchase.

17. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Congrats on your splendid new MBP and may both you and your MBP live long and prosper well together. Enjoy it and well done.

Cheers and good luck