Today, I would say it's game over for Trump as FOX war continues

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by 63dot, Aug 25, 2015.

1. 63dot macrumors 603

63dot

We all wanted to see the beginning of the end for Trump, well it's here:

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/25/media/fox-support-megyn-kelly-donald-trump/

It's one thing to call out the obvious racist comments from Jeb about anchor babies (targeted against Mexicans, and not Asians), or the fake libertarianism and self-righteous posturing from Rand Paul, or trade snide comments with Lindsey Graham, but to take on the media of the only real right wing network is political suicide.

There's only two possible explanations which is he would rather fight against Fox than be a presidential candidate, or that underneath it all he's trying desperately to help the democrats in his own way. When he could save up his best venom against the democrats who he would face if he got the nomination, why is he insisting on taking on republicans and republican networks?

Many on the left have long tried to battle against Fox and Megyn Kelly, but it appears Trump is doing a good job on that front and doing a great service for the political left. He's also had words with other key people at Fox and it's not getting any better. If there is a God, then both Trump and Fox would do this:

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. Meister Suspended

Meister

Who is "we"?

People who support Trump will continue to do so. He has all the right in the world to call out some lying bimbo.

4. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

58% percent of registered republicans and most democrats, if that means anything. And the 58% percent is among the 31% percent of republicans who would never vote for him and based off of the highest numbers for him showing a 42% percent share among the GOP candidates.

He has the lead but it's a vocal minority compared to the rest of the GOP field who want other republicans and non-republicans in general who will vote for somebody else not likely in the republican party.

5. FreemanW macrumors 6502

FOX NEWS can continue blathering all they want, as they do, 24/7.

It's not over until The Donald and his wallet say it's over.

6. Meister Suspended

Meister

That's a shame!!

7. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

For all the dumb things he has done I think detractors and supporters alike knew that there has to be an Achilles heel on this man.

Nobody is teflon and our first teflon politician, Ronald Reagan, looked great even with all the stupid things he said until it was time to vote, which at the earliest in 1982 gained 27 seats for the democrats in Congress.

8. 63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

And I was being nice with that 42% percent number as I saw it was the highest I could see for the last two weeks.

On the lower end in GOP polls, I see Trump taking 22% percent in an overall poll of the republican candidates, not 42% percent. Imagine what Trump's numbers would be if there was just one other GOP candidate like Walker or Bush. He has a lot of leeway going against the other thugs in the GOP, but last night's tweets and reheating of war against Fox was his moment of self destruction. Fox may not be accurate or respected, but it's just stupid to be a republican and wage war on them, especially at this point before the primaries.

What is he thinking?

9. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Over? Nothing is over until he decides it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

10. Meister Suspended

Meister

That one made me chuckle :p

11. samiwas macrumors 65816

What is? That a lot of people don't actually like Trump?

That's not a shame. That's common sense. The guy's a doofus, and anyone who seriously thinks he'd make a great President should have their head examined.

12. Populism, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015

Populism macrumors regular

Populism

Well, to be fair there are two threads on the PRSI front page concerning Hillary Clinton.

Then again, it appears posters stopped paying attention to those/her middle of last week.

13. 63dot, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2015

63dot thread starter macrumors 603

63dot

I hate to say it but if this race was between Trump and George W Bush, I would vote for Bush.

Again, I don't think it's people saying they would support Trump but more that right now, since there's no voting happening today or anytime soon, that many Americans want to say that they are not happy with the White House or (republican led) congress.

I think this is the start of where his support will fade because the same people who worship every word of propaganda that Fox puts out are the same ones angry a congress they once had high hopes for. If that network who was there before Trump and will be there after his political experiment goes into full combat against Trump, many of those voters will turn on Trump and start giving their anti-congress protest votes to Carson, Paul, Huckabee, and Cruz.

Now if Trump ends up leaving politics in shame (which is likely), his even higher profile in the news will give him what he needs to make another 10 billion. He uses the leverage of his money, and his image, to get investors on board.

14. lazard macrumors 65816

Considering lots of voters despise the political and media "elite", this will most likely boost Trump's poll numbers.

15. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

In the field of journalism, Megyn Kelly is considered a joke. And yet Trump, a much bigger joke, is actually succeeding in making her look good.

Not to mention that Trump and Fox's Roger Ailes made a deal to quit sniping at each other, and no sooner than Kelly's back, Trump starts up again.

Shows you what Trump's word is worth: nothing.

Not that that's a surprise.

16. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

this is America, the land of.
    The Crapdashians
    Honey Boo Boo
    Jersey shore
    Nicky Minaj
    Donald Trump

stupid sells here & the people love it, blow hards (Rush/Coulter/Maher/Kelly/ ) etc etc etc.
    we don't get "news" here, we get advocacy left/right/sideways from many of the networks .
    http://www.nbcnews.com/id/19113455/...ists-who-wrote-political-checks/#.Vdy_KvlVhBc

plenty of people in the U.S have no time for real unadulterated "news", they want to hear what they "feel" it's right coming out of their favorite mouth piece (God I am going to miss Jon Stewart).

I think Trump is going to drop at the last minute & blame it on fox or whatever suits him, the man is a troll & at the same time people see him as "patriotically correct", as of late this nations vagina gets offended for just about anything & everything & he is riding things as far as it will get him.

17. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Lying bimbo? In what ****ing world is it not OK for a journalist to ask a candidate about his past, public behavior?

18. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Jon Stewart is going into the professional wrestling business.

19. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

A sign of the times, the Trumpers have managed to make me like Megyn Kelly. Kelly asked Trump one slightly barbed question and she's a "lying bimbo."

(Frankly, if he thinks that a question about his Twitter feed is scary, the kinds of questions I'd ask him would be akin be Extinction Level meteors, but I digress).

Yep.

That might be the most interesting aspect of the Trumpers. They're following a man without ideology or party, once a member of the reprehensible Democrats, a Clinton-backer, a Richie-Rich-style goomba from New York, twice-divorced with a public mistress, member of the media elite. (Somebody gets 11 seasons of the apprentice, they're part of the big "M" Media even if they'd commit an act of journalism only by accident).

Really, the only thing Trump's got is a mixture of Father Charles Coughlin, cut with Joseph McCarthy, and a big shot of George Wallace. And, Trump's only real ideology is how great he is, so his expressively dickish personality remains unfettered by what us mortal humans call a conscience.

20. 617aircav Suspended

Goes to show that the wishes of the people mean nothing and the wishes of special interest groups is what really matters. Trump, a Republican candidate leading all others in all polls, is being despised by fox news, the main Republican news outlet. Why?

21. 617aircav Suspended

He called people names, people that had called him names too. So what.

22. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

In what ****ing world is it not OK for a journalist to ask a candidate about his past, public behavior?

23. 617aircav Suspended

What public behaviour?

24. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

And Rachel Maddow is the second coming of Walter Cronkite, eh?

25. hulugu macrumors 68000

hulugu

I'm always a little worried when people talk about "special interest groups," because the term has lost all meaning. A special interest group would include corporations, trade groups, human rights organizations, veterans groups, unions, professional associations, etc. That these groups don't often represent "the people" (or at least their people) means SIGs are failing.

Well, the question for Trump is, can the country's diplomatic chieftain be the kind of guy who gets into Twitter fights with Rosie O'Donnell and "wins" by calling her names? I mean, I don't really care about Trump's Twitter feed because it's ultimately celebrity-level horse-race nonsense. I care about the fact that Trump had dealings with the mob, used a bunch of undocumented Polish workers to build his tower, and by all metrics a mediocre businessman.