Today in Green Party minority outreach

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Robisan, Aug 28, 2016.

1. Robisan macrumors 6502

Is Jill Stein just a tone-deaf loon or...

[​IMG]

@DrJillStein: The people who brought you this dank meme that made me giggle are now on Twitter. Follow @DankJillMemes!​

Who can forget Jill's irony-free celebration that tens of white people turned out for her Juneteenth celebration.

@DrJillStein: Awesome turn out to gather signatures to #GetJillOnTheBallot in Pennsylvania at Philly's #Juneteenth festival!

[​IMG]

2. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

How many details were not considered in the making of the memes?

Did they mislead people as to where her meetings are?

Did she or her handlers turn away anyone who was not white?

Are other candidates' pro-non-white sides more compelling to non-whites?

What if she had campaigned in areas of lower white proportions but the same people who came up with the memes decided that hurt their case and in the spirit of good-natured competition didn't bother to say anything?

One can go on and on.

A picture tells a thousand words, which is why most pictures have those little narrative descriptions underneath that tell what led to the picture, of which said words may or may not be accurate or honest - by either accident or intent.

Or, to be sardonic but in direct correlation to your thread's title, is she just 28 years too early?
    :rolleyes:

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/green-party-candidate-jill-stein-praises-brexit-vote/
    http://www.forwardprogressives.com/...busted-cover-up-praise-bigotry-driven-brexit/

Oh my. Why didn't you just come out and say that from the get-go?

3. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I can't tell you how much I hate this election. It's turned everybody into an ass.

Including me.

(That's not true. I was an ass long before the election began.)

4. Jess13, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016

Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

No, Jill Stein definitely isn’t a loon or tone-deaf. Be nice if you included the actual tweet:

Meanwhile, in other black outreach news.

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.’s niece, Dr. Alveda Celeste King, endorsed Trump.

I Fully Agree with So Many Things That He’s Saying”

‘Black Men for Bernie’ founder rejects Hillary’s plantation, to start campaigning for Trump.

Exclusive: ‘Black Men for Bernie’ Founder to End Democrat ‘Political Slavery’ of Minority Voters… by Campaigning for Trump

http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...-end-democrat-political-slavery-of-minorities

After the leak of internal DNC emails, Carter is convinced that the Democratic Party “rigged” the primary against his candidate and that Hillary Clinton’s Democratic Party has no intention of changing the policies that led to the destruction of the communities he’s working to improve.

Bruce Carter still believes that Hillary Clinton is the poster child for the kind of cronyism, corruption, and evil that the Bernie revolution was built to overthrow. He doesn’t believe Hillary Clinton when she labels Donald Trump and his supporters as racists because he knows she falsely labeled her opponents in the primary as sexist “Bernie Bros.” Carter’s preparing to take the experience, knowledge, and contacts his group built during the primary to campaign against Hillary Clinton and for Donald Trump and other Republicans in battleground states across the country.

[...]

Now Black Men for Bernie are rebranding and again planning to tour the country with an emphasis on battleground states. Carter says he’s going to organize black and minority communities to vote against Hillary Clinton and the Democratic establishment.

“Donald Trump is a business man and a real estate mogul who could provide knowledge and resources to transform urban communities through the development of minority-owned businesses,” Carter said. “With this tour, we’re going to show Mr. Trump and Republicans that the black and minority communities are ready to work with anyone willing to work with us to build opportunities in businesses, employment, and housing. We don’t want welfare, we need opportunity.”

Carter has also explored supporting the Green Party presidential candidate Jill Stein, but he thinks working with Trump will have a more immediate impact on struggling communities. “Lot’s of Bernie people are asking me about Jill Stein, and she’s courting Bernie voters, but currently the Green Party does not hold any seats in congress,” Carter said. “Voting for Jill Stein is better than voting for Hillary by a long shot, and if people decide to do that, I get it, but it won’t have as much of an impact as voting for Trump and a Republican-led Congress.”

Killary still hasn’t issued any apology for the Black Libyan Genocide she directly facilitated, perpetrated by Her terrorists she directly helped to arm with machine guns, ammunition and other weaponry:

Hillary Clinton, ‘Smart Power’ and a Dictator’s Fall

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us/politics/hillary-clinton-libya.html

[...]

Mrs. Clinton declined to be interviewed. But in public, she has said it is “too soon to tell” how things will turn out in Libya and has called for a more interventionist approach in Syria.

Libya’s descent into chaos began with a rushed decision to go to war, made in what one top official called a “shadow of uncertainty” as to Colonel Qaddafi’s intentions. The mission inexorably evolved even as Mrs. Clinton foresaw some of the hazards of toppling another Middle Eastern strongman. She pressed for a secret American program that supplied arms to rebel militias, an effort never before confirmed.

5. Robisan thread starter macrumors 6502

We seem to have identified a chronic problem. Reading is fundamental. Maybe you should reread the OP. Although I didn't screencap it, the full tweet is there along with the link to it. Do I have to do special, dumbed-down, paint-by-numbers posts just for you?

6. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

I did read it. Jill Stein using a Chappelle meme to clown on Hillary and Trump now somehow equates with her being an anti-black “racist.” Has Killary apologized yet for killing black men, women and teens in Libya, by arming Her terrorists with machine guns, ammunition and other weaponry?

7. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I agree. I now think everyone (almost) who posts on this site is a POS. I'd probably get along with a lot of you. I have an issue with how uncle able everyone seems to be. Everyone views their posts as though they were etched in stone by God Himself and then handed to the poster to be delivered into the people.

Frankly, everyone would get along much better if they all thought and felt exactly how I think and feel.

8. citizenzen macrumors 65816

I agree. I hate how uncle able everybody's become.

9. Robisan thread starter macrumors 6502

And then you write a bunch of words that ignore what you've been called out on. Not going to deal with bad faith argumentation.

10. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

That little room full of people is an awesome turnout? :eek: Damn...Where are her non awesome turnouts held? In a coat closet?

11. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I thought that guns don't kill people, people kill people...

So how did Hillary kill people by giving them guns?

12. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Honest to god, the hatred in this country for those who pose even the remotest threat to the current political power makeup....

Sometimes I wonder if I should even care at all about the political condition of this country, we've seem to collectively decided that we don't give a **** about anything but ourselves.....

13. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Where have I said that?

ezgif-3013481812.gif

14. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I might be getting you confused with all the other Trump supporters who say the same thing about Clinton while claiming hat guns don't kill people.

15. Jess13 Suspended

Jess13

Friendly FYI: I don’t say that. :)

16. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

The latest:

http://www.businessinsider.com/jill-stein-tweetstorm-harambe-media-2016-8

http://gizmodo.com/when-two-memes-collide-dr-jill-stein-speaks-out-about-1785868045

Good points, those. Why is the media deflecting? Because one issue is more likely going to bring in more ratings and revenue, which ironically isn't the one about ending poverty and crime??

17. Robisan thread starter macrumors 6502

18. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

At least the Libertarian Party is running a serious campaign within the limits of what is possible. The Green Party seems to be a self-indulgence for smug white liberals who are voting in safely Democratic districts. Jill Stein is a crackpot lunatic and her running mate is another crackpot lunatic. The U.S. Green Party must be a source of great embarrassment to other Greens.

Which is all unfortunate as we deserve more options to the Republicrat Party oligarchy.