Today's Jailbreak casualties after WWDC announcements- Mobile notifier? Lockinfo?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by iansilv, Jun 6, 2011.

1. iansilv macrumors 6502a

So after today's WWDC keynote, which JB applications are no longer needed? I think wifi sync is done, and mobile notifier looks like it is not needed too... Lockinfo looks like it is almost done but not completely as there are widget-like things you can load on the Lockscreen...

Thoughts anyone?

2. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

I would imagine BiteSMS will lose some customers as the new notifications are not nearly as bad as before (at least you can now actually go to teh messaging app from teh notification) but I might still stay with them unless the reply and return to the previous app is more easy than it seems it will be. Also depends on whether they will let you do custom tones or not. I have not seen any confirmation of that for sure.

3. scirica macrumors 68020

scirica

I believe 5.0 is certainly a step in the right direction and they obviously took a lot of cues from what we are doing in the jailbreak world, which is encouraging. I think there will always be some improvements possible, but I may give "stock" 5.0 a long test-drive before I re-jailbreak.

4. Riptide62 macrumors member

I think that Apple's notifications/lockscreen will still lack the quick compose and preview components of LockInfo.

SBSettings, LockInfo and BiteSMS will still be my preferred apps (would like BiteSMS to incorporate access to iMessenger in a future jailbreak app).

Frankly, I was awaiting more info on deep voice integration and was disappointed we heard nothing about it.

5. IrishVixen macrumors 68020

IrishVixen

Without Quick Reply, Quick Compose, and fully custom tones in the stock app, bite's in no danger as far as I'm concerned.

6. stockscalper macrumors 6502a

stockscalper

Do you think Apple is going to let you customize the Lockscreen the many ways you can with Lock Info? Don't forget how Apple screwed up multitasking. The JB version was so much better. All Apple is doing is chasing Android now

7. iansilv thread starter macrumors 6502a

What about app switching? Did aPple not mention that at all? Is it still multiflow?

8. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

Considering the author of wifi sync hasn't updated in a while, it was already dead. Also, the author of mobile notifier got hired by Apple, so that was done anyway.
    Apple still hasn't killed what I use: ultrasnow, iannounce, showcase, iretiner gui, open notifier and stampr.

9. nateo200 macrumors 68030

nateo200

Snappy just got *********. lol.

10. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

I agree with another poster about trying out iOS 5 stock for a while and seeing how well it fares, but as long as there's a possibility for JBing, I will probably do it anyway - there's just too much stuff that I love and rely on - themes, bitesms QR/QC, SBSettings, iFile, tetherme, etc, not to mention various tweaks like Springtomize and Gridlock and stuff.

11. reactions macrumors 6502

reactions

I'm sure bitesms will evolve

I still love it

Lockinfo is done for.

12. TC25 macrumors 68020

Someone at Apple finally figured out the best way to eliminate jailbreaking (at least reduce it) is NOT the cat-n-mouse game of closing loopholes. Rather, begin including features in iOS that people jb for.

13. iansilv thread starter macrumors 6502a

No kidding right!!!

The only reason I jailbreak is for apps Apple does not allow- what got me to was multiflow, and lockinfo. Why did we not see a better application switcher unveiled today?

14. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

I disagree. I haven't seen anything concerning upcoming calendar events and that's the one feature I use.

15. macslayer118 macrumors 6502

This. My main use for LockInfo is seeing my calendar events coming up. Also, the favorites from the lock screen is genius.

16. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I'm not to sure.. snappy is still very useful as far as setting it with a gesture through activator to be able to pull up the camera from any screen (homescreen/app) to snap a quick picture. Don't think you can do that with iOS5.

17. los318 macrumors 6502

los318

yeah, but i think 90% of Snappy's draw was just taken away. Longtime users may still run it but it would be difficult to sell to new customers unless a major change is done to add more featurs.

As for Lockinfo, LI is far from done. Quickview/Quickreply integration are two of the best and most used features of LI. I can see LI being a big seller for Cydia. Apple really only copied the look of it. Not much of the functionality.

BiteSMS just has another competitor but is far from done. Depending on how many other iOS devices you chat with will dictate how much iMessages will change over the current SMS app. I only have 2 others i normally text too that have iPhone 4's. Of course, if someone had an entire family of IP4 users and only text them, no need to buy another when you can text for free now.