Tom Bihn Small Café Bag

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by gauchogolfer, May 12, 2007.

1. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Hi all,
    I'm looking at getting a new man-bag, and came across the Tom Bihn bag here. Since it's only available online, I thought I'd ask my MR-ers if they've tried it and liked it (or disliked it). Most of the reviews I've seen are positive, but I wanted another opinion.

So, anyone have one of these?

I'm thinking Black/Wasabi, fwiw.

2. Cindynjgirl79 macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

i really like the kelly/steel or anyone of the olive colors. i think i might have to get one myself. oh u get my vote for the cutest advtar ever!

3. gauchogolfer thread starter macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

So, have you used one, or did I just inspire you to go shopping as well?
    ;)

Oh, and the puppy is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. :)

4. Cindynjgirl79 macrumors 6502a

Cindynjgirl79

no i don't have one, it seems that u can't find bags in cool colors.

i think that kind of dogs are just too cute! i want one of them too!

5. gauchogolfer thread starter macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

Well, since no one has any bad opinions, I went ahead and ordered one last night. I'll be sure to post my impressions of it once it gets here.

Cheers.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

I can't help you with that particular model, but I can tell you that my wife and I each have a Bihn bag that we both use daily. Both are over two years old at this point and still going strong. The laptop cases that fit in them are durable and quite protective. The quality of the product is excellent. Anyone who springs for YKK zippers on their product has me halfway sold already, but the layout and comfort features of these bags have far exceeded my expectations.

Hope that helps, despite being days late.

7. gauchogolfer thread starter macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

So, it just arrived on my doorstep this afternoon, and I got all my stuff moved over from my current bag. This one is quite a bit larger (maybe 30%), and seems like it'll be the perfect size for me.
    Construction seems good, as does the general 'fit and finish'. I'd like an extra inside pocket to help get things organized a bit better, but I might just add an extra little bag/pocket from their website.

Bottom line: I'm pleased with the bag, and will have to consider them in the future when it comes time to replace my Timbuk2 messenger bag to carry my Powerbook in.

Oh, and the Black/Wasabi looks sharp.