Tom Magliozzi, Popular Co-Host Of NPR's 'Car Talk,' Dies At 77

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by bradl, Nov 3, 2014.

1. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

If you have ever been a fan of Car Talk, or heard of Click and Clack: The Tappet Brothers, read their column, or even watched Cars and saw them as the owners of Rusteze Bumper Oil Treatment, you would have heard of Tom and Ray.

With that, we lost a good one today.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2014/11/03/360340663/car-talk-co-host-tom-magliozzi-dies-at-77

http://www.npr.org/2014/11/03/357428287/tom-magliozzi-popular-co-host-of-nprs-car-talk-dies-at-77

Happiness equals reality minus expectations. - Tom Magliozzi.

RIP, and I'm glad you never drove like your brother. :D

BL.

2. Sydde macrumors 68020

Sydde

3. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

Damn! This is really sad! R.I.P. Tom. :(

Wow, I would have never guessed he was 77. They sound so youthful and full of energy.

4. ThunderSkunk macrumors 68020

ThunderSkunk

You always knew in the back of your mind, with a show that's been on the air for 35 years, they must be getting up there in age, but it never really seemed like it.

Here's to staying young til the last minute.

...leaving us with a 35 years worth of #1 show full of laughs & useful knowledge is a hell of a legacy. Their reruns will air for centuries.

5. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

6. carlgo macrumors 68000

Not sure about the article saying they didn't know about cars. That wasn't a considered remark because they offered up about 100% good advice about cars.

My wife loved them and she could care less about anything about tech matters of any kind.

They were really good.

7. VideoFreek macrumors 6502

VideoFreek

A life well-lived, spent "primarily, laughing his ass off," as his brother Ray puts it.

Every time I hear their voices come on the radio, especially Tom's infectious cackle, a smile spreads across my face and my day gets a bit brighter.

Rest in peace, Tom, and thanks for all the great laughs.

8. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

I don't know anything about cars as they really bore me, nor do I have any desire to learn more about them, but I always listened to car talk because of click and clack. Most people talking the way they did would be boring, but the way they engaged with the listener just by being themselves was so funny. Truly one of a kind.

9. Southern Dad macrumors 65816

Southern Dad

I'm going to feel a bid sadder when I listen to the reruns.