Tomorrows event

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Noobienub, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Noobienub macrumors newbie

I know this is going to be a weird question but...Will they show a live stream of apples event and if so where can I watch it? i havnet been up to date with iphone events in the previous years

also would i be able to get the phone from a retail store like AT&T the same day of the release or what would i have to do to get it before i end up having to wait another month for it. ty for your help

2. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Wirelessly posted

Typically, live streams don't happen. MRs will have live updates. Apple will then post the video of the event to their website within an hour or so after its over.

I'd say by 4:00pm EST Apple will have it up on their website.

3. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

Most likely:

No live feed, but lots of live blogs to follow.
    Apple will release the video of the event sometime that day on their website.
    Can preorder tomorrow online, stores will only have it to purchase about a week later.

4. elementskins macrumors member

elementskins

I don't think they typically stream the keynote, they release it later. You can however get up to the minute updates from various site, including MacRumors, that have staff on site and run a live blog.

As for getting your hands on the device, my suggestion would be pre-order it as soon as it becomes available for pre-order. Waiting even a few hours can mean not getting the device on launch day. If you miss the pre-order window, and really want the phone on launch day, I'd suggest you get ready for an overnighter at your local Apple Store or other big box retailer.

Good hunting :)

5. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

I posted this in another thread but I'll post it here as well!!

There is a live stream here : http://www.ustream.tv/ltktv

Whether or not this will be a live video stream as opposed to just a live blog of the event, I don't know, however, someone confirmed that the same site did have a live video stream of the WWDC2012 a couple of months back so its quite probable that they may stream tomorrow's event as well.............;)

6. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

From what I remember, they did 2 live broadcasts over the Internet a couple of years ago. But they have't done any since.

7. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I'm sure the bloggers and those who make a living at this asked them not to have a live video.

8. iapplelove macrumors 68040

iapplelove

only thing you left out was the public release of ios6

9. JesalTV Guest

Yeah because stuff went wrong then :D

10. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

C'mon..the OP is looking for some help here. You have no clue if preorders are happening that same day. In fact, id say that most likely they won't happen the same day. An what do u mean "stores will have it a week later"? Stores won't have it until its launched, which is rumored to be the 21st. All these questions will be answered tomorrow. Until then, nothing is certain.

OP, you can watch a live blog right here on MR. They will have a link up right on home page. It's not the live event, but it's a great way to follow it and see pictures of what is going on.

11. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

I don't know for certain, that's why I said "most likely."

But the past few years, you've been able to pre-order the day of the announcement, and the physical release has been about a week later, or so. In this case, 9 days (if the 21st is the actual date). I am just assuming based on the past few releases. I'm not sure how much more helpful I could've been given that this is all speculation.

12. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Umm no. Stores will have it at launch, which is one 1 week from September 12th. As far as pre-orders, I don't recall when you could pre-order last year but I don't think it was the day of the event.

13. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I am pretty sure the launch is the 21st, not 1 week from tomorrow. They may or may not do pre-orders on the day of the announcement. In the past, it is the friday after the keynote; However, the macbook retina was available just an hour after the keynote, so that may be an indication.

14. Italianblend macrumors 68000

Italianblend

You might be right about the pre-orders not occurring on the day of the announcement. For some reason I thought it was that day.

15. SchuettS macrumors 6502

If you have twitter @macrumorslive is a great way to follow it.

16. theman510 macrumors 6502

Does anybody have any recommendation for the best place to follow the event on my phone? Unfortunately, I'll be out of the office tomorrow so I won't be able to follow along on Engadget on my computer like I have for all the other announcements. Ideally a site that automatically updates and has pictures. Does Engadget have a mobile site for their live blogs?

17. Uln4321 macrumors regular

I know The Verge's live blog works perfectly on the iPhone. Updates automatically with pictures

18. theman510 macrumors 6502

Awesome, thanks!

19. Dino F macrumors 68020

Dino F

Engadgets live blogs work perfectly well on the iPhone - I used to watch all the events on mine before getting an iPad......

20. theman510 macrumors 6502

Ok cool so there are options. thanks

21. xnickitynickx macrumors regular

xnickitynickx

That's usually what I use. The cnet live blog is okay. Sometimes a little glitchy.
    Between @macrumorslive and Engadget I'm covered :)

22. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

No need to argue with me, my post was saying what you said but I was directing it to the guy giving wrong information. I, on the other hand, have not attempted to provide facts regarding what I do not know. :)

23. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

grrr!

24. jimmythehill macrumors member

Do we have a rough start time for the event then guys?

Just wondering what it will be UK time.

25. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

1pm eastern time..so i think 7pm UK?