Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Still in the market for a quality screen protector (for iPhone 6 Plus) - maybe glass, but not too sure if I'd like the raised glass around the Touch ID button. With the iPhone 5 a glass protector was fine because you can buy aluminum home buttons to sit flush with the glass.

I've read about and have seen tons of screen protectors online, but looks like most are falling short.

I'm looking for the obvious screen coverage (close to the curved glass as possible) and a protector that doesn't have the huge cutout on top.

Let me know if there is something worth while that I'm missing. Maybe you found a no name that looks and works great?

All input is appreciated, thanks :D

erayser

macrumors 65816
Apr 9, 2011
San Diego
I'm using spigen glas.tr tempered glass screen protector which probably has the worst reviews as far as glass screen protectors go. Like most screen protectors, it just has enough width to cover the viewable part of the screen minus the side bezel.

The hit or miss on this screen protector is the installation. If you install it perfectly, it looks great. If you are slightly off, your MR OCD will kick in.

Why I chose this glass screen protector... even if I knew it had horrible reviews... is because I like how clean the home button and ear piece cutouts are. Like you, I prefer not to have the huge cutout at the top on some of the glass screen protectors. It's not the perfect glass screen protector. There are things I don't like about it.... like I wish it was thinner and had a front camera cut out. Other than that, I'm satisfied with the feel and the look... at least for now. Even if I am satisfied with it, I can't recommend it since there is pretty much no margin for error on installation. Hopefully we will see better full coverage install friendly screen protectors in the future.

ip6paj4.png

Chairman.Jobbie

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2011
I'm using spigen glas.tr tempered glass screen protector which probably has the worst reviews as far as glass screen protectors go.

Thanks for these comments / review and pic on the spigen. I currently have an icarez regular protector - pretty good as far as plastic protector go. I'm waiting for the full range of glass protectors to be released by all manufacturers so I can choose which is best. I'd be happy getting the spigen but I'm hoping they release the 0.23mm version I had on my iPhone 5.

The icarez looks the same (cut outs and viewable screen coverage) as spigen but it's plastic. There is another thread on the icarez. I'd recommend it for a plastic protector.

Anthony Lopez

macrumors member
Oct 15, 2014
that why as of now I will settle for an ordinary screen protector.. as of now... until a new and better one emerge

dopeman

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2014
Still in the market for a quality screen protector (for iPhone 6 Plus) - maybe glass, but not too sure if I'd like the raised glass around the Touch ID button. With the iPhone 5 a glass protector was fine because you can buy aluminum home buttons to sit flush with the glass.

I've read about and have seen tons of screen protectors online, but looks like most are falling short.

I'm looking for the obvious screen coverage (close to the curved glass as possible) and a protector that doesn't have the huge cutout on top.

Let me know if there is something worth while that I'm missing. Maybe you found a no name that looks and works great?

All input is appreciated, thanks :D

zagg hdx

mggm1220

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2014
Has anyone tried the Moshi iVisor AG (Anti-Glare) screen protector for the iPhone 6 Plus? The XT and Glass are still not available. The description says it has edge-to-edge protection.

3rdiguy

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2012
Has anyone tried the Moshi iVisor AG (Anti-Glare) screen protector for the iPhone 6 Plus? The XT and Glass are still not available. The description says it has edge-to-edge protection.

They're not available until November per Moshi

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.