Tony Snow Dies

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by clevin, Jul 12, 2008.

1. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25649744/

[​IMG]

2. NC MacGuy macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

RIP. Even if you didn't agree with his views, the man was kind and well regarded by all. 53 sure is young and with three young children, how sad.

3. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

4. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

5. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

He was a great example of how to live life for those with cancer. His positive outlook on life, even when the chips were down, was inspirational.

He also is a prime example of how tough living with cancer can be. One moment it is in remission, the next it has come back with a vengeance and spread throughout your body. Throughout it all, he was positive until the day he died.

RIP.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

My condolences to his family and friends. He was courageous about his cancer.

7. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

53 is a horrible age to die from cancer. Not that any age is good but it seems that 53 is young for that form.

8. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Yes it is!

9. dpaanlka macrumors 601

dpaanlka

Tony Snow will be missed, but he'll also live on as a shining example of how to live a short life to it's fullest.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

This so sad. He was one of the few Republicans I could recognize as a decent person. RIP, Tony Snow.

11. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Wow.

I won't be disingenuous -- frankly the guy was a tool. But he had more class than a lot of the conservative yo-yos who clog up the TV airwaves.

It is sad that he died so young. I feel bad for his family. Financially they will be well taken care of, but not having a dad or husband....

12. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

So, naturally, I get cancer "ads" at the bottom of the page. :(

Would that he kept a blog of his experiences, the better to enlighten others with bowel problems, that they dismiss in a 'denial' mind-set.

13. themadchemist macrumors 68030

themadchemist

This should serve as a reminder to everyone of the importance of getting regular colonoscopies, especially starting at the age of 50 (younger with a family history of colon cancer). Colon cancer is often one of the most easily cured diseases if caught early, yet it is devastating and frequently intractable if found late.

14. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I know it's been awhile, but I just wanted to thank everyone for being civil about this unlike some other threads on similar subjects with other controversial figures. One of which I had started when he first got sick and sadly went down that path some of these threads do. I realize there's a lot of acrimony lately politically, but this is truly just such a sad thing. As someone who lost someone close to me to cancer recently, it really hits home. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. No one deserves this. No one. And to go so young. It's just so... sad.

So thank you again for remaining civil, RIP Tony. :(