Too many Apple products later in the year

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gadget123, Sep 5, 2013.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

I really think it's a bad move releasing the new Iphone near when the Ipad is due. Should Apple revert back to a summer event?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Perhaps they're pushing back the iPad rollout - see the front page new story.

Since the phone and tablet fill a different need, I don't see it as a problem but then I'm not in the market for a new iPhone but my wife is looking to upgrade her iPad :)

3. gadget123 thread starter macrumors 68000

I don't think they can delay Ipad 5 much longer. I'm sure Ipad 4 sales are flat.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

There's your conundrum then - both the iPhone and iPad release dates will potentially be together. I don't think that will happen, I do think the iPad release dates will be later then the iPhone's.

5. 3rd Rock macrumors 6502

One rumor states that both the ipad 5 and iPhone 5S will be released next tuesday, but no one knows for sure. Just have to wait it out a little longer. As for Apple making a mistake from OP, Apple does what Apple does, and their marketing strategy is based on a number of factors none of which are from we customers....Ever. :D

6. cynics macrumors G3

Apple has other products. I don't think it's a bad idea to get the iPhone and iPad out before the holiday season. If they wait too long the stock from initial sales will be depleted and holiday shoppers won't be able to get them.

Personally I'm patiently waiting for the iMac refresh. I'm not expecting it for a while though. I also wouldn't mind an ATV refresh although I don't know what they could really do with it at this point.

Point being there are plenty of other products for Apple to release throughout the year. And keeping their mobile devices (best selling) near the holiday season isn't a terrible idea.

7. DariusX macrumors regular

I don't think it's much of a problem when you see other companies releasing 2 flagship phones within a year.

The biggest concern would be shortages. Apple made a huge mistake with the iMac last year.