Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
On my 6S it's either when I have too many apps open or when I have certain apps open that find my iPhone or find my friends open up with black screens and the camera app crashes. I am not sure if I need to swap out my iPhone for another one or if my problems are software. What do you say?

m4v3r1ck

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2011
The Netherlands
Lately I encounter the symptom that apps like Facebook - Messenger - WhatsApp etc. do a cleaning while working with them. This results is a black screen with a spinning wheel as if my iPhone 6 Puls 16GB is shutting down.

After the 'cleaning' I'm forced to re-enter my lock-screen security numbers to unlock it! Sounds familiar?

Very strange behaviour indeed.

Cheers

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
Clear app data cache
Uninstall and reinstall
Do a system reinstall
Wipe phone and setup as new
How long have you used it?
Fb is a resource and memory hog.
Close app doesnt help?
How much free space on the phone?

10.3 went okay? or is that when this began?

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Clear app data cache
Uninstall and reinstall
Do a system reinstall
Close app doesnt help?

I have almost 12.5 GB's free. I do not think the problem is FB given that I hardly use FB. I think it's one of the dating sites on am on. So I closed the apps and will only access the site on my Mac for my test.

IowaLynn

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2015
FB is always on and running in background.

So might other apps.

Try uninstallinv FB and go down the list to find the culprit(s).

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Clear app data cache
Uninstall and reinstall
Do a system reinstall
Close app doesnt help?

Not sure when this began. Closing apps does help but which app is causing the issues is the question.

Stefan johansson

macrumors 65816
Apr 13, 2017
Sweden
Apps that more or less constantly monitor the internet,like Facebook,what's app or messenger can cause problems with filled RAM,seen it on my iPhone 6 many times. I never found a really good solution,except to not use similar apps very much on phone.

jwolf6589

macrumors 601
Original poster
Dec 15, 2010
Colorado
Apps that more or less constantly monitor the internet,like Facebook,what's app or messenger can cause problems with filled RAM,seen it on my iPhone 6 many times. I never found a really good solution,except to not use similar apps very much on phone.

Next crash and FB may go. I do not use FB that much and with my limited usage of it, I can use it on my Mac.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

Patrick P

macrumors member
Dec 5, 2016
At the Genius Bar they told me that my iPhone and the apps crash very often because I wouldn't restart it often enough:D So their advice was: restart it several times a week! Well that didn't solve the problem I was there for but....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.