Well, I've been waiting to buy a mac pro WAY to long. I was waiting for the octo, now its here, I was all excited about it and had my mind made up that was what I was getting, but it seems as if it is not what it is supposed to be, especially without Leopard. So I thought, OK, I'll just stick to the 3.0 Quad. Then I started reading about it, and the differences between the 2.66 and the 3.0, and how it really is not very noticeable. I will be running CS2 until I get my hands on CS3, mostly Photoshop for clone/healing, skin smoothing, a few filters, watermarking, etc. A bit of dabbling in Imageready, and Acrobat Pro. I run Lightroom, A LOT, to go through thousands of pictures, apply minor fixes and changes, and mass exports. I run Final Cut Pro some, but would like to get into it more, I run Soundtrack pro quite a bit, and DVD Studio some. I am also getting the Mac Pro so I can only have ONE computer, not two. I'll be running Windows 2K (or XP if that doesn't work out) through parallels to run digital darkroom to publish my photos, digitally send them to the lab, and recieve and process orders. My fiancee needs Windoze to run SPSS for school. (I'll also be running other insignificant apps like Office, Quickbooks, etc) I'm also geting a 30" ACD unless a new one is announced today. So what should I do? get the 2.66 with more RAM? the 3.0 Quad, or the current Octo. I see that people are suggesting that This guy just get the base and pack it with RAM. I figure I can always sell it when the new stuff comes out if its THAT big of an improvement, right? I know the announcement later today will probably complicate this further, but, I'm seeking any advice possible. Thanks, and come Monday, I won't be bugging you people about this anymore!