Too many people believing fake iPhone 5 stories

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by audix, Aug 1, 2012.

1. audix macrumors regular

A million different stories and not one citation to be found. The sketches look too fake to be real, and what's more it's basically just a replica of the SIII

Can I ask why people are taking them so seriously?

2. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

And I'm sure you didn't believe the iphone 4 that was lost in a bar was real either.

3. audix thread starter macrumors regular

I'm wondering if these are MacRumors employees commenting on here to stir things up. This is the only site where people actually believes and are interested in mock ups.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

Have you been to MMI? :confused:

5. audix thread starter macrumors regular

Know what nevermind. Its a good thing Apple doesn't take into account customer input when making new devices. Because some of the comments I read on this site is scary.

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

It would be nice if the name of this site gave an indication that there are a lot of conversations around speculation and rumors.

7. thecurryman macrumors 6502

i really hope its all fake...but then again, people will probably probably buy one anyways lol

8. Dolorian macrumors 65816

Dolorian

They are likely all just fakes like these:

http://www.sophone.com/
    http://www.meox.cn/

Given all the "leaks" and mockups I think we have all very much been spoiled already on the design on of the new iPhone. Even if we have yet to see the real one.

9. lordofthereef macrumors G4

lordofthereef

I gotta be honest, those don't look half bad... The only thing obviously fake about them (aside from the name) is that Apple doesn't produce anything like that (that we know of). They look like a marriage between the original iPhone and the current iPod touch. Really a pretty attractive device IMO.

10. audix thread starter macrumors regular

Those don't look bad at all actually. It's actually what I thought a new iPhone would look like. Those phones you can actually use.

11. mamon343 macrumors member

mamon343

12. audix thread starter macrumors regular

13. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

It depends. Mock ups are actually fun to look at and there are some reports or leaks from so-called case designers. Sometimes they turn out to be accurate. It's nothing to get all wiggly about, really.

And it is MacRumors ... not MacSuperActualConfirmedFacts

14. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Market for those might actually go up come September when people realize they'll have the same basic iPhone shape for 4 years total (if not longer).

Maybe they'll offer the shell so you can put your iPhone guts in it...