Too many scandals

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by solvs, May 15, 2007.

1. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

It's getting hard to keep track of all the scandals lately, so Slate has a new interactive guide to most of the major ones (so far).

http://www.slate.com/id/2165783/

Enjoy. Or cry. Either way.

2. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Oops. Thought this had to be another Clinton administration thread. Nevermind. :)

3. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

God you're so predictable. And irrelevant.

4. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Please don't refer to me as God. The job is already taken. :)

5. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

the number of scandals is pretty big, and i might even dare to say that because there are so many, that is benefiting the Republicans as a result. there is no single scandal and fault to get behind, instead there are so many, spread all over the place, that there are too many to keep track of and keep up with, that the American people just have nothing to rally behind/against as a result.

6. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Build a bridge and get over it. I know it hurts that this administration has succeded in out-scandaling the administration you have a blind hatred of, but seriously -- Clinton was SO last century. Get with the times man!

Any thoughts on this administration's scandals, or do you only comment on Clinton scandals?

7. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

There are still plenty of openings for predictable and irrelevant minor deities.

8. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

I have trouble with any scandals. My problem in this forum is that it seems that everything that happens in the current administration is immediately labeled a scandal while everything scandalous that happened in the prior administration is poo pooed as nothing to concern ourselves with.

Also, there's a trend that every single scandal that occurs while Bush is President is his fault. I wish that businessmen were held to as high a standard regarding the actions of each and every one of their employees.

I think that people on both sides of the aisle are finding that crime does indeed pay - at least enough to justify the risk of committing it.

9. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

There's precious little evidence of that.
    Businessmen do not take an oath to serve their nation and support the Constitution.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Because the prior administration is no longer around. Believe me, we bashed them when they were. For some reason, you like to dwell on the past, while ignoring the present just so long as your investments are safe.

And I wish Bush were held to as high a standard as many businessmen. If he were, he'd have been out a a job a long time ago.

No argument there, but that doesn't mean we should just sit back and let it happen because "everybody does it".

11. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Well gee whiz. When did this forum start again? While Clinton was in office? Yeah, that's what I thought. Try again.

The funny thing is, during the Clinton administration, everything was declared a scandal by the right, while everything scandalous done by the prior administration was poo-pooed as nothing to concern ourselves with. Right?

You mean like the accountability Clinton was held to? Let's consider the number of subpoenas faced by Clinton from Congress and the number Bush has faced. Note any discrepancy there?

Of course they are. And if you were paying any attention you'd see that I'm against all of these criminals.

12. solvs thread starter macrumors 603

solvs

No you don't.

Um, because it's current. :rolleyes:

Only the scandals, which, as you can see from my link, there are many.

They aren't in power any more.

Just the stuff he, and the people he hired, are responsible for. Not that they're responsible for anything. The bucks stops... over there.

I'd say that I wish Bush were held to the same standards, but then I remember he failed at every endeavor he tried, yet people still stuck by him to either bail him out or yesmen him, so I'm thinking he actually is.

Which is why we should be vigilant against them when they do. On both sides. Like we have with Dems in the past, such as William Jefferson. Or Clinton, who many of us didn't like and still have problems with. Especially the stuff that's more important than what happens in (and out of) his pants.

You, on the other hand, are a partisan who merely wants to distract from the issue that the people you support are horribly incompetent and corrupt.