Took the plunge and got the 27"iMac !,so glad I did

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Moneymiike420, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Moneymiike420 macrumors regular

Moneymiike420

Was very close to getting a MBA or Mbp but realistically if I had gotten a lappy I would not have wanted it to leave my house lol,just picked up the 27"imac and I absolutely love it. The screen is
    Phenomenal I don't know why it took so long for me to switch to Mac but it was so worth it. Fell in love with the iPhone 4s in October (first iPhone ) and now think I'm a Mac convert for life now. Little bit of a learning curve but I'm a real quick learner.got the base model but will likely throw another 4gb of ram when I get around to
    It. I picked up the trackpad too I couldn't resist it
    In the store lol.now just have to learn some
    Shortcuts and I'll be all set.I'll be Looking forward to coming back for info,help,tips on here gotta get some
    Shut eye can't wait to play around with this new toy after work tomorrow ,thanks for reading goodnight!

2. Maxcorpious macrumors newbie

Congrats!!! I'm thinking of getting a 27" iMac too. "Lucky!!!" {Napoleon Dynomite voice}

3. Moneymiike420 thread starter macrumors regular

Moneymiike420

Thank you! I would definitely recommend you do. It's only 3 hours old only used it for a half hour tops lol can't get over how quick,bugless and how sharp the screen is after using a 10+ year old Sony vaio monitor lol #

4. Swordylove macrumors 6502a

Swordylove

I just hope you'll still be happy when the new iMac comes up next week (hopefully). :p

5. cerote macrumors 6502a

cerote

I got my 27in iMac a year or two ago. Love it still.

Congrats on your purchase.

----------

And the rumor for that keeps popping up. In any form the iMac he has will still be good for a while. They used a Vaio for 10 years.

6. iSayuSay macrumors 68030

iSayuSay

iMac 2011 is a damn fine machine, it's just as capable as today's machine, even more in some aspects.

So I would say congratulation for your purchase. It's just I hope you get a bargain price. It's a 2011 machine, so the price should be lowered a little. Apple don't do this officially. Maybe a 3rd party reseller would be more flexible.

7. FrankHahn macrumors 6502a

The display on a laptop of 10+ years old cannot be compared to the display of the current iMac.

Enjoy your brand-new iMac!

8. CrAkD macrumors 68040

CrAkD

at this point I would get last years imac at cheap refurb price if only they had usb 3. I was waiting for a mac pro and im tired of waiting but since I cant add hard drives at will to an imac usb3 will be very important.

9. docx macrumors member

Got mine a few months ago. I love it and would never go back to windows. good luck and well done.

10. Daysight macrumors regular

Made the same switch over a year ago and still enjoying the clean, quiet, efficient, spacious "new" feeling. Wait until you get onto Lion's desktops. Looking forward to MountIn Lion's notifications on my 27".

11. kswalker75 macrumors newbie

12. Lancer macrumors 68020

Lancer

Congrates to the opening post.

It we get an update next week I don't think it will be a huge jump, I mean yes we should have Ivy Bridge CPUs and USB 3 but that's probably it apart from the usually other updates in spec. Just think MBP 2011 v 2012.

I have an early 2005 G5 which is limited to 4GB of RAM. Runs pretty good, just restricted but some of the software updates that require Intel CPUs.

I'm still holding out for the next iMac.

13. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

I wouldn't count on it. Everyone keeps saying new iMac new iMac when we haven't heard a word about it. I'm happy with my 2011 iMac. I

James

14. Swordylove macrumors 6502a

Swordylove

The 2011 iMac is still very good. I just wouldn't get it now for the full retail price from 14 months ago.

15. Moneymiike420 thread starter macrumors regular

Moneymiike420

Thank you all,Im loving my new iMac so far cant believe i waited this long to switch I ended up getting 200$ off from best buy 100$ sale plus 100$ student discount so it worked out pretty good.

16. 50548 Guest

It's simply the BEST desktop on Earth, hands down (have the same model, check my signature)...congrats and welcome to the club of superior computing.

17. jvmxtra macrumors 65816

jvmxtra

Agree w/ everyone. IMAC 27 is best computing form one can have at this point to get some serious work done(along w/ anything else you throw at it).

Other devices are really a toy compare to imac 27. Congrat and now work on upgrading cheap ram and SSD!!!(yes, you can do it!!!) This thing is a rocket w/ SSD.

18. Matador Red macrumors member

Congrats! If there isn't an update in the next week there will probably be quite a few of us joining you.

19. zoomos macrumors newbie

zoomos

I bought the 21.5 in March and really wish I would of gotten the 27.. it seemed too big in the store to me but after using the 21.5, I find myself running out of space.. I'm waiting for the refresh later this year and will be buying the BRAND NEW 27 :) and giving my 21.5 to my mom.

20. iMcLovin macrumors 68000

iMcLovin

Congrats! There won't be a new model next week. If I end up ordering a 2011 it would be with a really bad taste in my mouth. Paying for the maxed out BTO model would be a lot of money for old hardware :(

21. Swordylove macrumors 6502a

Swordylove

That's a pretty good deal! Good for you! :)

22. strongs macrumors member

strongs

Grats on the mac dude :D

Did you know there was a new imac coming out soon? Or was it a case of needing one right now for your studies? :eek:

23. turtlez macrumors 6502a

turtlez

congrats, If no new imac next week I will probably jump at the 2011 one as well as long as I can get it cheaper. If not cheaper then I am not sure haha. It would take a lot to push me to a PC but a PC is in the card deck, only 1 out of 52 though.

24. jji7skyline macrumors 6502

jji7skyline

iMacs are awesome. The 27" has a 2560 x 1440 resolution which usually costs over $1000 just for a monitor of that resolution, making it a great buy.

I have the 21.5" and I can testify that I have never felt that it needs any more power in regards to the CPU or the GPU, especially after the 12GB RAM upgrade.

I definitely recommend a RAM upgrade, it can do wonders for any Mac, almost as much as a SSD upgrade, but at a much more reasonable price :)

25. Moneymiike420 thread starter macrumors regular

Moneymiike420

well, i thought i saw some rumors about a new iMac coming but it was kind of a case of get it now lol I have no patience.I guess i could have waited but oh well I'm perfectly happy with this and thanks to everyone for the congrats.Will definitely be upgrading the ram sometime this month not sure if i should go 12 or 16 yet.