Tool to check which of my iOS apps are available on other mobile platforms

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by ozaz, Nov 3, 2013.

1. ozaz macrumors 65816

I am hoping there might be a tool which could generate a list of all the apps I have installed on an iOS device and tell me which ones are available on the other major mobile platforms: Android, Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. Does such a tool exist?

I don't want to jailbreak to achieve this.

Alternatively, I wonder if there is a web-service that would allow me to manually type in all my iOS apps into a single list and then it would check the Google play and Windows app stores from this list?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

If it's not a massive amount you could just check the dev's website's

3. ozaz thread starter macrumors 65816

It is quite a lot.

And I'd like it to be at least semi-automated so that I can run the check periodically.

In my mind what would be very useful is if there were a service that could tell me that xx % of my apps are available on another platform and for those that are not available, suggest popular alternatives.

4. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

Samsung's iOS transfer app looks at your apps and creates a list of comparable apps available on Android. Even if you don't use a Samsung phone the app is free and it would be worth running it against your iTunes backup just to see the comparable apps list.