Top 25 Played playlist transfers to iPhone 3.0 with incorrect songs!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mengels7, Mar 18, 2009.

1. Mengels7 macrumors regular

Just as the title says, my Top 25 Most Played smart playlist, now that I've upgraded to 3.0 beta, transfers with the incorrect songs. I think 2 of them are actually supposed to be on the list. The rest are completely random. I've tried removing and adding the playlist to no avail. Does anyone else have this issue? It's the playlist I play 90% of the time so this is extremely frustrating. Might have to behave and jump back down to 2.2.1 :(

2. Eso macrumors 68000

Eso

I have smart playlists that remove songs as their play count increases past 1. I had gotten to the eventual point where there were only about 5 songs left. I choose "shuffle" and the top and it kept playing songs that were not in that playlist. So, I choose the first song and turn shuffle off, and I skip through the songs. It went through each of the five remaining songs as it should, but everytime I tried shuffling, it just kept picking songs that were not on it. I am running 2.2.1, not 3.0 beta. I just think it is that the iPhone doesn't handle smart playlists very well.

3. Mengels7 thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm that is weird indeed, but my Top 25 playlist (it's an Apple default one) has been my most played since the original iPhone and I've never had an issue like this until 3.0 It's not that it plays songs not in the playlist, but on the iPhone the playlist is suddenly made of a random 25 songs! They're the same songs each time but they're wrong!