Top campaign gaffes

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by tshrimp, Sep 27, 2012.

1. tshrimp macrumors 6502

tshrimp

2. bobber205 macrumors 68020

bobber205

This is a discussion board, not tumblr or reddit.

3. tshrimp thread starter macrumors 6502

tshrimp

Yes a discussion board about politics with a political link.

4. mcrain macrumors 68000

mcrain

Top 2012 Gaffe?

At this point, the 47% comment has to be the top gaffe of 2012. By labeling people as victims and takers, he's put himself on the wrong side of a lot of issues.

5. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

6. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I have to take issue with a few of those.

Howard Dean's "scream" was more of a war whoop, the kind almost every one of us has let out when our team scores a major play. It was the media that turned it into a "scream".

Obama's "cling to guns and religion" comment was neither wise nor universally true, but neither was it totally off-base.

Al Gore could've chosen his words better, but he is a major reason we have the internet.

Now on the other hand, Gary Hart's "C'mon, follow me, you'll be bored" comment has to rank as the dumbest thing a candidate has said...until Mitt Romney uttered his 47% remark. That one's gonna hold the record for a long time.

And where on that list is John McCain standing up David Letterman so that he could "fly back to Washington" to handle the economic crisis -- only to get caught an hour or so later on the CBS Evening News in New York? Letterman had fun with that one for a long time. :p

7. citizenzen macrumors 65816

This one gets to me ... and I've never been a fan of Howard Dean.

But in a room full of cheering people, his "scream" was perfectly normal. It's only when it gets amplified and separated from the crowd noise that it becomes awkward.

I truly can't believe anybody was able to turn that into a political embarrassment.

But they did.