Top Jeb Bush adviser leaves GOP

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Peace, Aug 1, 2016.

1. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Jeb Bush's top adviser, Sally Bradshaw, has left the Republican Party to become an independent, and says if the presidential race in Florida is close, she'll vote for Hillary Clinton.

Bradshaw, who's been close to the former Florida governor for decades and was senior adviser to his 2016 campaign, officially switched her registration to unaffiliated. She told CNN's Jamie Gangel in an email interview that the GOP is "at a crossroads and have nominated a total narcissist -- a misogynist -- a bigot."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/01/politics/sally-bradshaw-jeb-bush-donald-trump-florida/index.html

2. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

3. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

[​IMG]

Because of that creeper. The one in front, not talking about the creeper in the back this time.

4. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Yes, good. More votes against Trump! :D

Wasn't the first, won't be the last.

5. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Because people really care about the opinion of an advisor to a loser...

6. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

I mean, the worst primary in history (at least in therm of $$$ vs results), and a completely failed campaign.
    Jeb is barely relevant anymore... an adviser? Who cares???

7. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Random homophobic comments - a really tremendous start to this thread.

8. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

This is quite significant. I have to assume that this is a signal of how people in Florida are feeling about Trump's attacks on the Khans. I don't think that there are any new, significant polls yet in Florida, but Sally Bradshaw presumably would like a political future in Florida. She just decoupled herself from Trump, presumably because, post-Khan, she doesn't want to get dragged down by him in a state that has 1.5M vets. Now that people have a clearer idea of who Trump really is, they are backing away. I wonder if Texas could also tip to Clinton? (Another 1.5M vets.) Trump had a huge lead over Clinton in Texas, but Trump has been going out of his way to be offensive, even for Trump. He is really outdoing himself.

9. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Significant? No one cared for Jeb, do you think that people will care for an adviser?

10. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

TIL Creeper is synonymous with homosexual in your world.

11. jkcerda Suspended

jkcerda

MR "please clap":

12. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

Describe what is it about Jeb that makes him creepy in that picture? He looks like he is enjoying himself.

13. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

This is the image I was looking for. I settled on the one I posted because I couldn't find it at first.
    [​IMG]
    That's not creepy at all. :rolleyes:
    But please tell the class how creep = homosexual in your world, seeing how that's what you're accusing me of saying.

14. Plutonius macrumors 603

Plutonius

Just because they are paid to work on a campaign, doesn't mean they can't have their own opinions. Likewise, working for a campaign doesn't automatically make their opinions right or wrong.

15. bent christian Suspended

bent christian

That doesn't answer my question. What about about the first picture you posted is creepy? Jeb seems to be enjoying the caress of another man, which is a completely normal reaction.

A person who fears homosexuality would most likely be creeped out by that. Why does the photo make you feel uneasy?

16. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

I think people cherrypick endorsements or non-endorsements. Do the #NeverTrump people normally agree with Bush-folks' judgement? Or only when they don't like the same person you don't like?

17. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Nice answer.

18. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Except it's a photoshopped pic. Joe never felt up Jeb.

19. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

#NeverTrumpers are mad that "Dad said it's my turn" Jeb isn't the one that won the nominee.

ETA: Trump was the last of my options. First I was Rand, but the minimal amount of time he was given during the debates was part of the reason he had to back out. Then I was Cruz, Kasich stole his thunder by staying in the race to only win in one state.

20. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

That jaundiced arm clutching at Jeb is pretty creepy.

However, the original photo of Crazy Joe pawing at that mortified woman is creepier still.

[​IMG]

21. ncbetz macrumors 6502

ncbetz

I could care less about the advisor for Jeb Bush.

22. jnpy!$4g3cwk macrumors 65816

jnpy!$4g3cwk

That's my point. She seems to be following people away from Trump. They weren't listening to her, but, she is now listening to them. That is what is significant.

23. LizKat macrumors 68040

LizKat

Could easily be seen as a proxy statement from the advisee's extended family, the whole Bush dynasty. They're not walking away from the Republican Party and are unlikely to announce a vote for Clinton, but they most certainly don't mind reading in the press and online that a well known Bush advisor is essentially telling Trump's piece of the GOP to stick it.

24. applesith macrumors 68030

applesith

Is that at work? Would Joe treat a man the same way at work?

25. nebo1ss macrumors 68030

Nice photoshop.

Untitled-11.gif