Top of the line MBP or Refresh iMac and iPad?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by vinnie63, Apr 27, 2011.

1. vinnie63 macrumors newbie

Or wait until 2012 for MPB redesign?

I have an iPhone4 that i carry with me always, so to pair it with an iPad and having a very powerful, beautiful iMac at home seems very logical to me, and an iMac and iPad would run me about the same as a high end MBP anyways....however, with the MPB, its only one device, that is ultra powerful at home or on the road...what do u guys think?

2. Maxpej macrumors newbie

IMac and iPad

Get that combo. I have the 2011 MacBook pro and iPad and iPhone :) love them all. IPad is just a breeze for an portability, maybe a cheaper pro and iPad? :apple:

3. Icehawk macrumors member

Icehawk

Well. What would you use it all for? Do you need a MBP on the road or would an iPad suffice? Do you need a high end MBP?

We don't know what the future iMacs, iPads, or MBPs will be. It depends more on your need.

4. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

As soon as the iMac refreshes I'm going the iPad/iMac route. But part of that is because I'm not going to need much computing power when I travel (90% of the time I will just need e-mail. And if I need to do any extensive word processing, I'll bring my laptop from work).

5. graphicsward macrumors member

graphicsward

imac

Right now I have a 13" macbook from 2008 and a 22" monitor and am looking to upgrade, I get annoyed unplugging everything, (monitor, usb port, ex. hard drive, ipod, power) every time i need to go with it or want to watch a movie somewhere.

I'm defiantly going with the 27" imac and the ipad, i find the imac much cheaper for what you get (faster, upgradable, bigger better monitor) and the ipad will be perfect for showing clients my work. and watching movies/internet on the couch.

I can't wait for the refresh and my upcoming bonus

I'm a graphic designer / photographer.

6. lazit7 macrumors newbie

Just to add my two cents.

I had 2011 mbp and traded it in for Imac/ipad combo. and I don't regret a single bit.

7. Jakintosh™ macrumors member

Yeah, I've got a 1st Gen 64GB 3G iPad, and I've been planning on going the 27" iMac/iPad route for college for a while now. As soon as the iMac refreshes come around and the free iPod promotion pops up, I'm gonna nab the best iMac I can get for around $2,300. Plus, I'll get me a nice new iPod classic :D

8. IngerMan macrumors 6502a

IngerMan

I saw another thread asking the same thing but for the combo it was a iMac and a MBA. You might consider a refurb basic MBA at $849 along with the new iMac.