Top Portion of iPhone 6 Plus Screen Gets Very Hot During Video Watching & Game Playin

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Inframan, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Inframan macrumors 6502

Inframan

Guys,

I searched all the threads and I can't seem to figure out if there is something wrong with my Phone or if this is normal or even possibly preventable with settings.

The top portion of my 6 Plus screen gets very hot, i would say about the first 2 inches of the top part of the screen gets hot when i play games or watch videos. My screen brightness is turned up to the fullest because I like it that way. As for the middle and bottom sections, they are not even warm.

Any thoughts?

2. Inframan thread starter macrumors 6502

Inframan

I know your not allowed to bump posts but this really concerns me..

Anyone have any info on this?

3. Tzuten macrumors 6502

The top portion on the logic board houses the A8 processor and RAM behind it. So yes this area will get warm during heavy use.

Define "very hot", meaning unbearably hot to the touch where handling it is nearly impossible? If so, then maybe you have reason for concern. If gets noticeable warmer, but not you can still use the phone in relative comfort then sounds normal. Mine gets warm as well. These phones will get warm with no active cooling solution.

4. Inframan thread starter macrumors 6502

Inframan

Awesome! Thanks for clearing that up, sounds about right! Is there anything i can do to reduce the heat?

5. Tzuten macrumors 6502

Hardware side? Not really. Certain games that are CPU/GPU intensive will heat the phone up. Charging at the same time will also increase the heat somewhat.

You can slap a case on it, that will decrease the sensation of heat but of course will not cool the unit down any.

These 64 bit processors and nearing desktop class performance (not quite.. but gap is closing) with no active cooling are bound to get hot. Both the A7 and A8 have high thermal operating ranges before there is damage or a reboot.