Top Quarter of iPod touch 4G Screen Badly Calibrated

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by dwarnecke11, Sep 17, 2010.

1. dwarnecke11 macrumors 6502

It seems when I tap near the top of the screen, it registers a touch a few mm above where I tapped. I confirmed this using the Draw 4 Free app. It only does this near the top, so I'm always missing button presses on apps with tabs and such. I can compensate by tapping a little lower than the requested button is. Anyone else have this problem?

Should I exchange it? I bought it at Best Buy on Sept. 8th. It doesn't have a light leak, clicking during recording or other bugs and a replacement could have these problems.

2. DogEatsDog macrumors newbie

3. dwarnecke11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Wait a moment - in Draw 4 Free I flipped the iPod over and it exhibited the same inaccurate presses on the other end of the screen (bottom is now top) and the "top" became accurate. I guess this is software-related. I'll hang on to this one.

4. DogEatsDog macrumors newbie

5. dwarnecke11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Being an iOS n00b, I just sync it in iTunes, and click "Restore"? Will it then resync all my contacts, apps, music, etc?

6. DogEatsDog macrumors newbie

Uhh never restored so..

But I think if you got it all checked to sync on every connect then I think it will sync when restored.

Someone correct me if I am wrong.

7. dwarnecke11 thread starter macrumors 6502

It seems it syncs everything but the contacts...

8. dwarnecke11 thread starter macrumors 6502

Fixed that. This option is under the "Info" tab on the sync screen.

9. Sphynx macrumors newbie

Hmm I am going to assume that a light leak means that you see light shining from the gap between the screens glass and the metal shell. I have had that on both of the iPod touchs I own. Is it really a big problem?