Top Secret Macintosh book

ftroop

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2001
I saw a pdf (it was not meant for my eyes) of a new Mac book by Scott Kelby called "Macintosh, the Naked Truth". If the rest of the book is like the few pages I saw, it should be absolutely hilarious. It's supposed to be hush, hush until after Macworld in Jan, but has anyone else caught wind of this?

jefhatfield

Retired
Jul 9, 2000
re: apple books

apple is a favorite topic of many writers

up one minute down the next and the company represents the greatest rollercoaster ride in high tech

steve jobs unparalled ability to market a product and see the future is matched only by his legendary inability to manage people or finances

i still have not figured out if steve jobs is good long term for apple or not

in 1997 i am convinced steve jobs was the best thing apple could have had at the time and i am very proud of how he took a high profile role and rallied the mac faithful

in 2001, i am not quite so sure of all his abilities and certain things i have read about him in the press truly scare me as he kind of reminds me of a newt gingrich...a genius ready to self destruct at any minute

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Re: re: apple books

I think that the past has shown us that nobody has been able to stay in control of apple + keep them on the straight and narrow apart from Mr Jobs! I am sure he has his faults but he able to keep a running interest in the company and therefore make it profitable. We dont want some business type that does not actually love apple, do we?

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
I think they want anything

at this point with the way Bill Gates is trying to get more than his piece of the pie, Apple wants to get anything possible!

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Steve Jobs

Steve is a nearly perfected Wozbot. Delays in Keynotes and Steve no-shows are all about firmware. Personality instabilities of the past can be attributed to early PPC architecture and faulty hardware controllers.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
personality yes...but...

As innovative as Jobs may be, everyone knows he's one of the most difficult people to deal with.

I've actually had the pleasure of meeting my girlfriend's friend, who is best friends with Lisa (the daughter the computer was named after)....did that make sense? Anyway, they met at Harvard. According to her, dad's one of the difficult people she knows.

Just goes to show that what we see isn't always what's really there. I think the move "Pirates of Silicon Valley" best paints the picture.