Top Sites in Safari 4.0 Not Staying in Place

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jeffreyk, Jun 10, 2009.

1. jeffreyk macrumors regular

jeffreyk

I have my "Medium Pane" setup in Top Sites (which shows 12 sites), checked the tack to keep the websites I visit most frequently in place (changing the tack color background to black from blue), and when I browse around the web for awhile, all my sites get either rearranged, come up missing in the Top Sites display, or what's displayed are my most recently viewed pages.

I thought Top Sites was in place so you have access to your favorite places to browse on the web. Does anyone have this problem? Or am I not understanding correctly the way Top Sites works?

2. MacManiac76 macrumors 65816

MacManiac76

You said your tacks are black, changed from blue. That should be the other way around. Tacked Top Sites should have a blue tack color to be set in place.

3. Michaelgtrusa macrumors 604

Michaelgtrusa

I just discovered this tread while on google. I have the same problem. I've had this with the beta version and I still have this problem with leo release. Its a design issue that only apple can resolve. Opera and firefox do not have this problem. Their topsite feature is stable as well as the basic design of the browser. I've trashed the topsite plist file, didn't work, I've redownloaded safari and it still has not resolved the problem. It's up to apple now.

4. jeffreyk thread starter macrumors regular

jeffreyk