Torn between SS white sport band and black sport band

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by adamk77, Apr 10, 2015.

1. adamk77 macrumors 6502

I've already pre-ordered a 42mm stainless steel with the Milanese Loop. Initially I was going to use the Milanese Loop for working out, but I'm a runner and often wear really bright running gear and I think the Milanese Loop may be too formal for running (what do you guys think?). So I am planning on picking up another band. But I am torn between the white and the black sport band...

White:
    - Like how it looks and how much it pops
    - I already own another watch with a black band, and it would be nice to have another color
    - Concerned that it stands out too much and would be difficult to match with outfits
    - Concerned that it may get dirty, hard to clean, nasty yellow discoloration

Black:
    - Even though it's a sport band, it looks conservative enough that I can wear it with anything
    - At least from the photos (maybe different in person?) of people wearing the black sport band, I don't really dig the look
    - Concerned about looking dirty from dust, oil, fingerprints, etc

I would love to hear input from everyone. I've been mulling over it for the past few hours. A serious case of the OCD. I am torn and can't decide. I would love a little nudge!

2. Gooberton macrumors 65816

SS White. Not even close.
    White color; be differnt
    Sapphire is a no brainier. It's needed in a high end watch. End of story

3. Rayban macrumors regular

Rayban

It won't look dirty if you clean your bands often. I'm sure a soap and water wash once a week would eliminate any grim build up. I purchased the White Sport and will eventually get a black sports band to switch out when I want to attract "less" attention. And I feel any other band will go great with formal wear. The sport is casual/workout IMO. Although, I don't think I wouldn't feel funny wearing the sport with formal.
    All this could change once I get out in the real world with my :apple:Watch of course :)

4. MacFan23 macrumors 6502

5. CharlieCat666 macrumors regular

CharlieCat666

Yeah, seriously.
    Just get whichever you're leaning toward and pick up another band whenever you get tired of it.

6. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

If only Michael Jackson were still alive he could help you answer the question.

I would personally get the leather loop or modern buckle or link bracelet. The link is fantastic. Blew me away at the quality when I tried it on. But it is crazy expensive for a band. Then get a black (or white) sport band for times you don't want to mess up your primary band. They're $50.

7. itsMacTonight macrumors 6502

itsMacTonight

I ordered the same thing (SS Milanese) and I'm getting the Black sports band, too. I really like the look of the Aluminum Sport Grey, I even ordered one, but at the end of the day I think I will keep the SS. The SS will look awesome with a black sports band. I imagine I will use it for more casual situations, especially in the summer. My only decision was stainless steel black or black with space grey pin. I went with the space grey so it will be even more understated.

Silver and Black definitely holds a fond spot in my heart.

8. adamk77 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for your feedback everyone.

I don't want to buy both the white and the black. I just one 1 sport band and would rather put the money into buying another non-sport band.

The black is definitely more classy with the black watch face complementing the straps.

[​IMG]

9. CharlieCat666 macrumors regular

CharlieCat666

I got white.
    I like it :).

Light colors are in.

10. profmatt macrumors 65816

profmatt

I had the same black/white dilemma. In the end I went for ... white. I like the yin/yang of the black face with the white strap. I'm not too worried. If I like the strap but hate the colour I'll just buy another: they're not expensive and I'm probably be able to sell the white strap and mitigate the cost.

Longer term I'n thinking of getting a Milanese loop or leather loop, too.

11. Pooshka macrumors 65816

Everyone knows the famous saying:

Once you go white, you never go back

12. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

I much prefer the white personally - something about the black strap just makes it look a bit boring.

13. urda Suspended

urda

Black is much better, that contrast just can't be beat.

14. AFDoc macrumors 68030

You asked for input..... Go with the one that you first picked but......
    If you can't decide something so simple in life how ya going to make the important decisions?

15. adamk77 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks for the life advice

16. Mr.C macrumors 601

I actually thought about getting a white sport band rather then the black one with my stainless steel watch. If I got white the combination would match my iPhone and iPad which are the both white/silver combination. :cool: