Toronto Cops Taser A Motionless Man On The Ground While Telling Him To Stop Resisting!

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Jan 26, 2017.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 604

2. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

3. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

In the US we would have shot him. He's lucky.

4. RedOrchestra Suspended

When does it ever become a teachable moment for the "citizenry", why exactly was the perp acting out that required the cops to take him down initially.

5. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

Sadly that's true.

6. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

because it's impossible to fix stupid. it's why we invented tasers and ass whooping.

7. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

All that tazering and they couldn't give the person filming vertical a little lightning ride?

8. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Phones really should not be allowed to shoot video vertical.

9. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

Right? Why do people do this? Turn the phone sideways people! Think!

10. RedOrchestra Suspended

Think ... millenials, think ... that's the impossible dream.

11. ibookg409 Suspended

ibookg409

I'm raising a Millennial right now. It's very difficult and trying.

12. Gutwrench macrumors 65816

Gutwrench

Resisting comes in various forms.

From what I gather the suspect was violent and punched a female cop. He was arrested and cuffed and put into a patrol car. He then kicked out the back window and door of the patrol car.

From there I'm guessing their intent was to remove him from the car and hobble him. My further guess is the suspect wasn't complying so they tased him. That looked ineffective.

We need more info.

13. yaxomoxay macrumors 68000

yaxomoxay

Tasers were invented for a reason.

14. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

First of all, turn your phone people!
    Seriously though, I don't know why they tazed him. I assume that the officer was telling him to put his hands behind his back and he wasn't complying. It's hard to see with the officer who is bending down kind of obstructing the view of the camera. The thing that strikes me is the guy with the tazer worrying about the guy recording it. If you are doing your job the right way you should have no problem being recorded. He was not in his face, as the officer implied when he told the female officer to "get that guy out of my face." The guy recording was at a perfectly reasonable distance from what was going on.
    So, a few things. I don't know what happened to get us to the point where the recording starts. Obviously something happened as there are several officers and people standing around. Without being able to hear what was going on from the officer who appeared to be trying to handcuff him I can't say whether or not the tazer was justified. Basically, more information is needed.
    As far as the cop goes, you make yourself and other officers look bad when in the heat of the moment your concern is that someone is recording you. It makes it look like you have something to hide. And then to "threaten" him by saying you're going to take his phone? Come on. Be professional. Be one of the good cops who says "hey dude, record all you want. I have nothing to hide. Just stay out of our way."

15. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Love when they start recording after the asshat has already assaulted and done his damage. Poor innocent guy. Right before this he destroyed a woman officers face with his fist.

Shooting him would have been a real service.

16. Khalanad75 macrumors 6502

Khalanad75

As this was in Canada, I don't know what their laws are regarding recording cops on duty.