Toronto Eaton Centre -iPhone X

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by JonnyIreland, Oct 30, 2017.

1. JonnyIreland macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Anyone planning to line up for the iPhone X launch at Toronto Eaton Centre?

2. Joe Rossignol Editor

Joe Rossignol

Staff Member

Possibly!

I'm wondering if Sherway Gardens or Fairview are quieter options, but stock might also be less at those locations.

3. JonnyIreland thread starter macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

I called Apple Eaton Centre earlier to ask what their protocol is for lining up this time, the employee told me that people can line up inside the mall with security patrolling through the night...

... then I called The Eaton Centre mall itself and asked the same question, they told me that the lineup would be outdoors overnight with Apple Staff brining groups of people indoors early AM.

I don’t want to show up early to line up if it hasn’t been organized properly... I’ll put the time in if it means securing a phone, but I’m not going to spend 12-15 hours in a line just to get bumped by a bunch of students or scalpers allowing 500 of their closest friends in front of me.

4. Joe Rossignol Editor

Joe Rossignol

Staff Member

Yeah, I'm not going to bother lining up unless it's a clear-cut line outside the Apple Store. Eaton Centre hallways remain open all night to my knowledge. I've never been asked to leave when walking through after hours, but maybe it's different if you are stopped in one spot.

5. JonnyIreland thread starter macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Well let me know if you are gonna line up, I literally don’t know anyone else that is going and it’s good to know that at least one other genuine person will be there for the love of the product!

6. Vinyldust macrumors newbie

Vinyldust

I’ll be in line with you guys! I figure more stock at this location vs Fairview mall. Do you reckon lots of ryerson students will swell the line?

7. JonnyIreland thread starter macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Yeah there will be lots of students (with rich parents I hope), but I also think the stock levels will be good (or as good as it gets)

8. Vinyldust macrumors newbie

Vinyldust

What time are you thinking of arriving? Me and a buddy are thinking of arriving around 11pm but wondering now if we should aim earlier? I’ve never done an overnight at Apple store. I’ve shown up at 4pm before on launch days and waited till 9pm kinda deal. I think this one warrants an overnighter.

9. JonnyIreland thread starter macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

I’m going to show up at least an hour before the mall closes on Thursday night -my thinking is that way I will be herded/moved into the correct position by either the Apple
    store or mall staff for the night ahead -maybe it will also mean being able to stay inside the mall & in place all night. I really don’t know because I have never lined up overnight in Canada for an Apple release.

PM me if you decide on a time! I know that i’m a stranger but I sure could use some strength in numbers, if only for washroom & Tims trips!

10. bluejaymaple macrumors newbie

Hi Guys, Hope we will meet up there. I work inside the Eaton centre. I am going to line up from Thursday 12 Noon. I came to know through an apple staff that the stocks are limited, and more pre-ordered customers are gonna lineup separately. I know it is going to be a long wait. Two of my best buddies are gonna do rotate shift to secure my spot. I will release them after I arrive to my secured spot. Let me know if you guys need any helps. Cheers

11. Kanishk11, Oct 31, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2017

Kanishk11 macrumors newbie

Hi Guys, I was planning to reach in the evening on Thursday (hope that will get me a good spot). Things seem super tight for the X. It would be nice to meet you guys who are genuinely there for the product. Cheers.

12. JonnyIreland thread starter macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

I'm glad to see some action on this thread now!
    If anyone is looking for a line buddy to work together with (washroom breaks, making sure our spot doesn't get taken etc), send me a PM please! I currently have nobody going with me. I'm easy to get along with, friendly but won't chat your ear off!
    I plan to go to the mall Thursday evening but I don't want to put my exact time in public (why give the scalpers a head start by revealing our plans).

Jon

13. codebossman macrumors newbie

Hey all,
    This will be my first time lining up for an iPhone launch as I was unable to preorder in time. Preorders opened up for me at 3:06am and was already 3-4 weeks out. :( I am super stoked to line up for the tenth anniversary version (as much as one can be), but also super worried about the potential for disorganization, as I too have heard conflicting info from both Apple and CF Eaton Centre. Hopefully we can lineup inside.

Does anyone who has gone in previous years know if Apple reps walk the line to ask what model you want, so you can know if they have it remaining in inventory? I would hate to line up for 8+ hours only to find out that they are now out of stock.

Also going by myself to line-up so let me know if you're going! Look forward to talking about your favourite features! (but don't worry - I won't talk your ear off! :p)

14. Joe Rossignol Editor

Joe Rossignol

Staff Member

The
    They do eventually.

15. andrewprocter macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about lining up tonight. Apple Store app failed on me for preorder so my ship date is a few weeks out. Would probably get there around 11pm. This will be the first iPhone line I've done since the iPhone 5. Never done one at the Eaton Centre though.

What do you guys think about an arrival time of 11pm? Worth trying or probably a bust? Unfortunately it's about the earliest I can do this evening.

Edit: I read somewhere they have separate stock for business accounts these days, does anyone know if there's any truth to that?

16. Kanishk11 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I talked to the Eaton security and they told me that everyone will have to leave once the mall shuts down.

I'm concerned, does Apple have any other arrangements for the waiting?

17. bluejaymaple macrumors newbie

Hey guys!!! UPDATE

Due to new bay/Eaton centre newly built glass bridge opening ceremony the mall staffs asked us to lineup outside. I was there since morning 11AM. its already 20 people in the line. Currently we all are camped outside in the cold weather. make sure bring your winter gears. good Luck. See you guys soon
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2017 ---
    Wrong information.....reality is they asked us to line up outside regardless of day or night. Come downs stairs close to book shop you will see the lineup. some people are here since last night

18. Kanishk11 macrumors newbie

Thanks man! See you soon.

19. JonnyIreland thread starter macrumors 6502a

JonnyIreland

Well, time for me to pack away my gear, i'm not waiting outside for anything lol.. I had everything ready for lining up after work..

20. edwin1204 macrumors newbie

edwin1204

Preordered a 64GB & 256GB Space Grey for pick up at Square one tomorrow (will be going to downtown at night). Still deciding which storage capacity to use (more likely 256). If you are interested in the 64GB, PM me.

21. Heheadi macrumors newbie

Heheadi

I'd be interested to buying the 64gb of you?