Torrents and mail app won't download after updating wireless router... HELP!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Snoogans925, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Snoogans925 macrumors newbie

Snoogans925

So, my dad decided to get a new router for our wifi, because he wanted one that was password protected. since the switch, my mail app won't sync with my gmail and all the torrents i was in the process of downloading stopped. I tried deleting the mail account then adding it again on the mail app, but it still didn't work. I also tried going to the desktop PC that the router is connected to but it doesn't look like there's a firewall set up... if there's any advise anyone can give me, i'd highly appreciate it.

I bet this wouldn't have happened if they used a Mac desktop... haha, but i can't seem to convert my stubborn parents. oh well.

2. MarkMS macrumors 6502a

The desktop PC's firewall is not what you need to be looking for. It should actually be on. But anyway, you need to log into the router to see if there is some sort of firewall or blocked ports. If you are connected on your computer via WiFi on the new router, then you should be able to type in an IP address into the URL bar to log in. Something along the lines of 192.168.X.X. This should be in the router's manual.

If you are still having trouble, just reply back and give us some info about the old and new routers. What kind are they?