TOSHIBA MK3255GSXF 250GB - flashed down from 320GB by factory, any way to reclaim GB?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RoboCop001, Oct 27, 2009.

1. RoboCop001 macrumors 65816

I just recently purchased a TOSHIBA MK3255GSXF 250GB internal HD for my MBP.

After looking at some reviews online (don't ask me why I searched for reviews after purchasing lol), I found an article that said that this particular drive was flashed down to 250GB from its original 320GB, apparently because Toshiba wanted to sell some excess stock and that was a way to lower the prices.

Is there any way to somehow reclaim those inaccessible GBs?

It doesn't really matter, I paid for 250, but if there's a way that would be pretty cool.

The original drive is TOSHIBA MK3255GSX (without the F). As far as I know, the 32 stands for 320GB, and the F, I'm assuming, stands for flashed?

I'm guessing if there is a method, it's probably pretty risky to the drive, so I probably still wouldn't do it so as to not throw away my money if something goes wrong. But I'd still like to know haha.

2. Sneakz macrumors 65816

Sneakz

Sorry, but this is the wrong forum entirely. Obviously you found information somewhere else on perhaps another forum that could help. This isn't MacBook Pro or Apple related in general.

3. RoboCop001 thread starter macrumors 65816

Right lol Can someone move the post to the relevant forum?

I'm at work so I wasn't thinking where to post it.