Total Computer Files Show Up In Folders, All "Go" Links, & are copied to hacker

Discussion in 'iMac' started by victim2014, Jan 5, 2014.

1. victim2014 macrumors newbie

How to fix the problem of all files being linked together and coped to a remote location.

Something has been placed on my iMac but I don't know what to look for. How do I fix it?

The utility has disappeared but I can find it on spotlight. The trash won't empty, all email activity is copied and emails and passwords are stolen, security software has been disabled/corrupted, etc. The computer is not usable.

Is this keylogging plus an implant or computer re-configuration of some sort? Everything I do is watched. What would you do to fix this and to NEVER have this problem again?

Thanks

2. old-wiz macrumors G3

wipe it and start over. then change your e-mail and all other passwords.

someone must have had physical access to your computer or you installed something that you should not have.

what kind of Mac? what version of the OS? what's the history?

3. GovtLawyer macrumors 6502

How Do You Know

How do you know your keystrokes have been logged? How do you know passwords have been stolen? How do you know your email is copied to a remote location? I'm sure you have big problems with your computer. However, other than your trash not emptying, all you have presented are conclusions. What has led you to those conclusions?

4. Lucianrider macrumors member

I agree with the above!! But at a minimum, I would hope that you have disconnected the computer from the internet by all means possible! Wired ethernet and wifi, even it ti means turning off your wifi router or changing the security password...
    If you have been hacked at least prevent it from being controlled by the hacker.

5. old-wiz macrumors G3

I'm kind of skeptical about this thread. This is a newbie posting a far fetched scenario and no one else has reported such a thing. There are no real details about what kind of Mac, what OS, what environment. It's just saying my Mac is useless... It sounds like a MacBasher.

Opening with "how to fix the problem..." but it's not a problem I've ever heard of and I think the MR community would have heard about it.