*totally unrelated* iPpppphone...reminds me of pppppppowerbook

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w3iiipu, Jul 29, 2010.

1. w3iiipu macrumors member

Just thought this is funny and might also serves as a PSA for those who are unfamiliar with the scam. but im sure many of you know about the ppppowerbook prank back then.

So i was browsing thru craigslist to see whats the price is like for the iPh4. And i came across this listing of brand new iPh4 for only 350!!! So i emailed the seller and inquired about it.
    here is the reply i received.
    [​IMG]

So i knew something is fishy and replied the email nicely saying i would only do the exchange in person.
    2 days later i got this reply.
    [​IMG]

I lol-ed for a while before replying:
    *Edited out my reply coz i wanna see what u guys can come up with :D*

Now tell me if i am totally wrong on how i went about in all this. :p
    p/s: i dont hate angel or buffy. SMG is hot as hell. It was just the first thought that came in mind when i saw TNT.

Edit: yes i never traded or buy/sell anything on craigslist. So im surprised with this in a sense.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

how is this anything like thepppppowerbook case? i mean i didnt see a fabricated iphone you were selling or anything similar to pull a prank on the scammer...

these types of scams are ran everyday fyi. are you new to craigslist/ebay?

3. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I contacted that seller a few days ago, and i got my iPhone today for only $545, but it looks weird..you think it is a fake??

[​IMG]
    :D

4. w3iiipu thread starter macrumors member

its similar as how the scam works but not exactly how it develops. I dont have the time to actually pull this off as the next pppppowerbook. Just wanna share what i experienced with iphone 4 and craigslist and perhaps someone unfamiliar with the ppppowerbook or craigslist scam will benefit from it.

yea ive never really traded on craigslist. Only thing i use craigslist is to look for an apartment or used cars. Dont hate.

5. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

We can't benefit from something we don't understand. How is this a scam?