*totally unrelated* iPpppphone...reminds me of pppppppowerbook

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by w3iiipu, Jul 29, 2010.

1. w3iiipu macrumors member

Jun 30, 2010
    Just thought this is funny and might also serves as a PSA for those who are unfamiliar with the scam. but im sure many of you know about the ppppowerbook prank back then.

So i was browsing thru craigslist to see whats the price is like for the iPh4. And i came across this listing of brand new iPh4 for only 350!!! So i emailed the seller and inquired about it.
    here is the reply i received.

So i knew something is fishy and replied the email nicely saying i would only do the exchange in person.
    2 days later i got this reply.

I lol-ed for a while before replying:
    *Edited out my reply coz i wanna see what u guys can come up with :D*

Now tell me if i am totally wrong on how i went about in all this. :p
    p/s: i dont hate angel or buffy. SMG is hot as hell. It was just the first thought that came in mind when i saw TNT.

Edit: yes i never traded or buy/sell anything on craigslist. So im surprised with this in a sense.
  2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

Jul 17, 2005
    5045 feet above sea level
    how is this anything like thepppppowerbook case? i mean i didnt see a fabricated iphone you were selling or anything similar to pull a prank on the scammer...

these types of scams are ran everyday fyi. are you new to craigslist/ebay?
  3. maturola macrumors 68040

Oct 29, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    I contacted that seller a few days ago, and i got my iPhone today for only $545, but it looks weird..you think it is a fake??

4. w3iiipu thread starter macrumors member

Jun 30, 2010
    its similar as how the scam works but not exactly how it develops. I dont have the time to actually pull this off as the next pppppowerbook. Just wanna share what i experienced with iphone 4 and craigslist and perhaps someone unfamiliar with the ppppowerbook or craigslist scam will benefit from it.

yea ive never really traded on craigslist. Only thing i use craigslist is to look for an apartment or used cars. Dont hate.
  5. StevenT42 macrumors 6502

Jun 9, 2010
    We can't benefit from something we don't understand. How is this a scam?