Touch 3g 3.1.3 spirit jb messed my pod up

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by siwekcj, Aug 10, 2010.

1. siwekcj macrumors newbie

ok so i have third gen ipod touch, i had 3.1.3 firmware and i used the spirit jailbreak, it worked great then like a month in my ipod got slower so i freed up some space by deleting some non importnant apps, then about another 3 weeks went by and i woke up and turned on my ipod and it was stuch in recovery mode, so i tried to just restore it and update and i got error message 9, i tried rebooting my ipod like a hundred different ways but it always went to recovery mode and i always get error message 9. so then i tried to restore with a different firmware, i tired my iPod3,1_3.1.2_7D11_Restore first and i got error code 3142. so i tried the iPod3,1_3.1.3_7E18_Restore backup i had and got a similar error code. then i tried my 4.0 firmware that got stored when i first tried to restore my ipod and i would get to the loading bar screen on my ipod and it would shut off. so then i tried to re jailbreak with red snow using iPod3,1_3.1.2_7D11 firmware and i could complete the process but i would reboot and it would go to the recovery mode again, i tried to rejailbreak with spirit but its not compatible to my itunes anymore, so now i tried the new and old rec boot, first i tried to boot it out of recovery mode and it just rebooted to apple logo and then just turned off. then i tried to kick it into recovery mode and it booted to apple logo turned off, then to apple logo then brighter apple logo then the apple logo bcomes glitched and broken as if it was pulled apart, then continuisly goes from logo to broghter logo then splits and turns off, thenn goes back to apple logo and repeats. it will do this until i turn it off, ive let it go about 6 hours tops. now i tried to hold sleep wake to force it into recovery and it works but my ipod just turns off and goes to the repetitive boot then broken apple logo cycle again until i turn it off. ive tried multiple fixes and multiple combinations of fixes. ive had my ipod for about 6 months, and it came on 3.1.2 and i updated to 3.1.3. please help

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Try putting it into DFU mode and restoring to the regular 4.0 update. Then jailbreaking with jailbreakme.com.

3. siwekcj thread starter macrumors newbie

i just tried to that, it went to the apple logo then just stayed at preparing ipod for restore and the i t gave me error code 1601

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

5. siwekcj thread starter macrumors newbie

soi tried again and im now getting error code 2002, and i am not looking to re-jailbreak, normal will be fine

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Are you trying to restore to a custom firmware or a regular Apple firmware?

Make sure you're getting it into DFU mode, it is very important that you do. Here's how: http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1034

You must restore using regular Apple firmware for your iPod. Just click the Restore button in iTunes. No shift/alt clicking.

7. siwekcj thread starter macrumors newbie

ok i am sure i am in dfu mode, i followed all the directions on the page you sent me and i just get an error code, i clicked restore and update just like you said

*it always seems to go wrong when in "preparing ipod for restore" stage of the restration process*

8. celticpride678

See if something here will help:

http://itsalltech.com/2010/07/08/fixing-common-itunes-restore-issues/

9. siwekcj thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so ive tried those suggestions in recovery and dfu (except for on a different computer, which i will be doing later today) and i tried them on the brand new 4.0.2 firmware by only clicking the restore and update, not alt/shift clicking. i consecutively got error nine and my ipod failed when "waiting for ipod".

note* after letting my ipod runn all night, this morning it stopped constantly restarting, so i can now get it into recovery, it is still tricky to turn off tho as i cant get to a slider screen

10. siwekcj thread starter macrumors newbie

ive tried it on a different computer and it said my device wasnt eligible to be restored or something like that

11. siwekcj thread starter macrumors newbie

i am back from vacation and i left it at home in the hopes of leaving it alone would help the problem, unfortanately it did not and i am still at error 9