Touch ID Accuracy Seriously Deteriorating

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by KPOM, Oct 22, 2013.

1. KPOM macrumors G5

I have noticed in the past 5 days that after 3+ weeks of about 80-90% accuracy, Touch ID works maybe half the time at best. I tried rescanning my fingerprints, and it's failing to complete the scan. I don't think it's the lower humidity as I'm in a fairly humid setting right now. I wonder if the sensor itself is bad. I downloaded 7.0.3 but it seems the same in that regard (though it fixed the gyro).

Anyone else notice this?

2. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

The thing here would be to see if it recognizes and goes throughout the process w/ another persons' fingers. If it does, then is your fingers, if it fails with them then is the sensor.

3. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Troubleshooting 101: Define variables and test each one individually. :thumbsup:

4. minimo3 macrumors regular

I notice accuracy deterioration as the temps get colder and the air drier. Skin is probably too dry to get a good reading

5. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

6. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

I honestly think people just aren't making proper contact with the ring sensor when they are trying to unlock. Mine has only not worked once and it's because my thumb was at a weird angle. Seriously, once in the 5000 times I've unlocked it. You'd think a fingerprint sensor would be pretty easy for the majority of people to use but it seems like people are having issues. I honestly don't think it's the device that's the issue.